Question How do you stop that Rosetta video from coming up every 30 seconds after you close it !!!!

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
The most annoying thing about DC ever ! No matter what I am doing it pops up. How do I stop it ?? Came up twice while trying to post this.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I was going to say that I hadn't seen anything. But, in the last few hours, it has started popping up frequently without any apparent reason. I'm not even running Rosetta@home, although my PC is attached to it...

This is the link that is being opened:

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Rosetta video? Never heard of such, nor seen it.

It wouldn't be 'show graphics' tab on the BOINC manager, would it?
There is a BOINC nitice that has a BOINC video. Maybe if you don't have BOINC manager open, it won't load, but between BOINC manager and BOINCTASKS, it keep up.

And I have adblocker on.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
I did some poking around and found the cause, and how to fix it. It IS a notice from the Rosetta project, but it isn't supposed to open the video in a web browser automatically. It's actually BoincTasks that is loading the video.

Inside BoincTasks, click on Extra, then click the Notices tab. Uncheck the "Show alert every" box, and change "Check for new notices" to 0 minutes. That will make it so notices don't automatically load/pop up messages.

Apparently BoincManager does the same thing, but I'm not sure how to turn it off since I don't have that one installed.

Last edited:

Markfw

May 16, 2002
I did some poking around and found the cause, and how to fix it. It IS a notice from the Rosetta project, but it isn't supposed to open the video in a web browser automatically. It's actually BoincTasks that is loading the video.

Inside BoincTasks, click on Extra, then click the Notices tab. Uncheck the "Show alert every" box, and change "Check for new notices" to 0 minutes. That will make it so notices don't automatically load/pop up messages.

Apparently BoincManager does the same thing, but I'm not sure how to turn it off since I don't have that one installed.
OK, but it also happened on a linux box that does NOT have boinctasks.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I clicked on the boinc manager notices tab and the video did pop up so I closed the video and it hasn't popped up again. I'm on linux.

Reactions: Ken g6