How Do You Save A Copy Of A Completed Acrobat Form?

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'm using Acrobat Reader V.5.0 to open and enter information in this document. The application is supposed to be completed, saved, and attached to an email back to the employer. Every time I save a copy, it ends up blank. Do I need the full version of Acrobat to do this?

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
As far as I know, yes you do. Using regular acrobat reader you are supposed to be able to fill out a form and print it out, but not save it. To do that you should need full acrobat.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
AFAIK Acrobat Reader cannot save anything, you'd need the full version of Acrobat.

Viper GTS

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks. Since it's only $300.00, I'll just buy a few copies...
rolleye.gif

Shalmanese

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
A cheap solution would be to fill it out, print it into a post script file and then convert back to PDF. You lose all the special form handles and stuff, but you save your results. Download a program called ghostscript which can do PDF conversions. There is a front end called MakePDF which makes it easier to use.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's interesting. I found Ghostscript, but I'm not sure how it could be saved as anything other than a PDF file. Could it be printed to file and use that with Ghostscript?

It's sort of moot now. Just got an email back from the employer, who said that a printed copy would be quite acceptable.

Thanks for the help!

Shalmanese

Platinum Member
Sep 29, 2000
Just for reference:
1. Install a new postscript printer which uses the port FILE (I use HP Colour Laserjet PS)
2. download ghostscript and makePDF
3. Print the document using the newly created printer, it will prompt you to save the file somewhere.
4. Drag and drop the newly created file into makePDF
5. Convert to PDF.