How do you merge 2 Divx files???

Ducati

Feb 8, 2000
How do you merge 2 Divx files? I can't seem to get them to play alone. I have other Divx files that play fine but these won't play. I'm assuming that I have to merge them since they are Part I and II. I've searched for a program but all of them are complicated...Anybody have a recommendation on software than can combine these 2 suckers effortlessly???

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I think virtual dub is the right program for that (I forget which programs do what with dvd ripping/encoding), but usually 2+ part Divx's are supposed to work fine by themselves. I'd guess it was an incomplete download (or whoever you got it from didn't have the full files), as they should work fine by themselves. The most common reason to make 2 file Divx movies is so that they can fit onto 2 cd's (each file is <700 MB), and the files are playable by themselves.

ant80

Dec 4, 2001
Try to cut or join avi files here. It is really simple. However, there are several constraints. They must have been encoded with the same video codec, same frames per seconds, same resolution, same audio codec, same bitrate etc. etc.
ant

before anyone starts flaming, I copied the last sentence from the above page because I was too lazy to put it in my own words.

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
You probably either did not get them completely or else you do not have a required codec. Open one in VirtualDub if possible and save it as a new file using the Direct Stream options for audio and video so that no conversion will take place. If it is a partial download this should allow you to view what you have. One last thing to try is to try opening in VirtualDub again but choose Pop-Up Options and rebuild indexes or somesuch which takes some time. It is possible this will fix a buggered file but it is most likely you just did not get them complete in which case you will be able to confirm by watching what you have and perhaps you can resume downloading the originals.