How do you guys shop for your airline tickets?

desiplaya4life

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2004
I have my parents wanting to go visit Pittsburgh during around christmas time. Ive never shopped around for tix before usually we just book it through a travelers locally.

I see these tv ads for online ticket shopping, but there are soo many. which one are good ones in your experience w/ pricing. my parents are just looking for good deals. and they will be leaving on dec 18th.

ant tips or advice on airline ticket shopping? thanks=)

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
orbitz.com, travelocity.com, priceline.com, etc. etc. etc.

Dec 10, 2005
I buy mine direct through the airline's webpage. Maybe check through a site like Travelocity to see what airlines offer flights to where you want to go and then go to their websites to compare prices directly and book (that way, you avoid the booking fee charged by travel sites).

MixMasterTang

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Like the above poster said, I too find airline prices via travelocity, orbitz, itasoftware, etc. and then use the actual airlines website to book the ticket.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Kind of depends on where I'm going, and what airline, but I've had great luck booking through Expedia :)music: dot COM :music: ) over the past several years. Some airlines will offer cheaper flights when booked through their websites however, so you gotta shop around a bit.
If your dates and times are fairly open, then priceline may be a good option for you as well. Just tell them Bill Shatner sent you...;)

doze

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2005
I first check the travel sites, expedia is my fav. then check the airline websites to see who is cheaper.

Make sure you adjust the search days by about a day or two each way and check other nearby airports as the prices can change dramatically

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
For Pittsburgh I would check orbitz and directly with southwest.com since they don't publish their fares to third party sites. I've found pretty much all of the sites find the same fares but I like the Orbitz interface. I also book directly with the airline to avoid the booking fee and get the booking bonus.