How do you go about filing a complaint for a doctor's office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongkongfever

Dec 19, 2004
I'm familiar with using BBB to file a complaint against companies but what about doctor's office? Here's the story, bulletted version.

-I had a PPO health plan and chose a neighborhood family doctor.
-I have a $200 yearly deductible that the office charged me up front.
-They didn't apply that $200 deductible until weeks later so I ended up getting double charged for another $200 by lab works.
-Didn't admit fault but said they would fix it. Didn't fix squat for months as I was still getting threats from the lab they used for not paying.
-Finally said I now have a credit and can't issue it to me. Can only apply it to my copay on next visit.
-Never went back and finally decided to switch to another insurance carrier so now I got a new doctor. Went to their office. No record of credit whatsoever.
-Just got off the phone arguing with the person in charge of the office about transferring my medical record. I signed a release form and everything but she refuses to release it until I have Kaiser call them...

I seriously HATE that doctor's office. The staff doesn't know sh*t and the lady in charge is rude. The doctor is cool though. I thought I'd let this one slide but the last argument just tipped the scale. What can I do?

The Sauce

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Ask to speak with the doctor. Having to spend his time to call you back to address a complaint and problem with his staff will guarantee that it doesn't happen again. PS - I am a doctor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.