How do you disappear?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaiShan

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
Originally posted by: fatbaby
Nevermind about that, false alarm.

Well I am in the middle of suburbia somewhere in southern california. I have about $75k in the bank. How far can this get me?

Haha sounds like a 15 year old playing a high tech version of army. If you were serious about this you would have done it, I can tell you are just trying to get a kick out of the fantastic nature of the premise behind this thread, so I will help a poor deprived soul :p Do everything in cash, dont do transfers over 10grand, they are reported to the government, don't carry a bunch of 100's, they get attention, wear a hat all the time, when you go to gas stations, they can't get your "picture" from above due to the hat. Don't go to a small town, if you have survival skills go out in the woods make a cabin, buy some guns and ammo and make your alamo. If not, buy an uzi and some clips and rent a low budget appartment in some tenemant complex in a large city. Work odd jobs, no questions asked. There you go, that should be enough for now, if not go play some cs or something...

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
What you can do, is find a wanted criminal who looks like you. Claim that you are him, turn yourself in, and do his 20 years. I gaurantee that no one would ever find you. You'd disappear for 20 years and no one would even think to look for you there.

You cant sleep in a whole in the ground like that guy did in Iraq.
FEed you soup through a straw, and you can read the bible all day.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Triumph
What you can do, is find a wanted criminal who looks like you. Claim that you are him, turn yourself in, and do his 20 years. I gaurantee that no one would ever find you. You'd disappear for 20 years and no one would even think to look for you there.

Well the problem is is that i look like noone since i'm """unique""". And I don't think facial transplants (faceoff?) are feasible at this day and age. Hmmm, well which biome in north america is most suitable for a poor person?

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

Holy crap...that's the idea of champs...

What I'd do is get rid of all my CCs and kill the paper trail. Everything would be paid for in cash. Withdraw all your money put it in different stock accounts. If you need cash sell stock or something. Find some college person to live with without having your name on the lease. I'm not sure how you would make money without being known...but I'd probably do something like ebay...

shekondar

Golden Member
Apr 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Walleye
remember, they cant find you if you're wearing a yellow beanie. remember that well.
Don't forget to line the inside of it with aluminum foil -- otherwise they'll be able to read your thoughts!!

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003

Great idea, if getting slammed in the butt for the next 20 years is a better alternative than dealing with whomever is looking for you.

Jan 31, 2002
Start driving north. When you hit Canada, just say you're here to visit your college pal and do some drinking at age 20. :)

- M4H

Well the problem is is that i look like noone since i'm """unique""". And I don't think facial transplants (faceoff?) are feasible at this day and age. Hmmm, well which biome in north america is most suitable for a poor person?
Got hit by the ugly truck huh.

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001
It would have to be a criminal with no previous run-ins with the law right? Unless you could get the fingerprints of the fugitive who you are trying to impersonate.

Lizardman

Golden Member
Jul 23, 2001
dont run. Use that 75K to hire some body guards. Better yet use that money to put a hit on who ever is stalking you. Since you live in Southern Cali it should be real easy to set this up. Just go to the right bars and you will find what you need...

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
well first is first get new identity find people that sell and buy from them. Now get out of the country and go to mexico and go to big city. Open back account and take out only small amount of money and get a job. I am assuming u are running from law. If u are running from criminals and are under age 35 join the army. Base are so secured that you will be safe theire

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Lizardman
dont run. Use that 75K to hire some body guards. Better yet use that money to put a hit on who ever is stalking you. Since you live in Southern Cali it should be real easy to set this up. Just go to the right bars and you will find what you need...

75k will not last him long if he hires bodyguard