how do u play dvd movies on a ps2??

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
my friend left his ps2 here...since the xbox w/ remote is gone w/ my other aptmate, i want to use my friend's ps2 to play a dvd movie...but in the browser, i see a memory card, and the disc logos...

i select the disc logo and it goes back to the browser...what gives?

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
If it is a burnt DVD it might not like the media. The older PS2s didn't really like +R media. However I have the PS2 that came with GT3 and mine plays +R just fine.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
If it is a burnt DVD it might not like the media. The older PS2s didn't really like +R media. However I have the PS2 that came with GT3 and mine plays +R just fine.

nop...it's not a burnt dvd...

i turned off the ps2 again...turned it on, popped in the dvd movie....and it goes to the browser again...wtf...

Ketteringo

Banned
Feb 2, 2002

PS2's only play burnt DVDs if they are chipped....

I would make sure the DVD is right side up :p If that isnt working, then make sure it works on your computer or some other dvd player, the dvd itself might be bad.

If you turn the PS2 off, then back on, and then open the tray and put the DVD in, it should auto play.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Ketteringo

PS2's only play burnt DVDs if they are chipped....

I would make sure the DVD is right side up :p If that isnt working, then make sure it works on your computer or some other dvd player, the dvd itself might be bad.

If you turn the PS2 off, then back on, and then open the tray and put the DVD in, it should auto play.

WRONG. My PS2 is not chipped and plays burnt DVDs perfectly fine.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
ugh...my friend is sleeping right now .....he chipped it so..maybe that has a factor.....and any dvd player can play burned dvd movies fine...

i tried ur thing ketteringo..it's not working....

arg he lurks these forums too!! ROBERT IF U CAN SEE THIS...HELP!!!!

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
ugh...my friend is sleeping right now .....he chipped it so..maybe that has a factor.....and any dvd player can play burned dvd movies fine...

Teh st00pid is yUo!

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP

Teh st00pid is yUo!

:( but my friend backed up his dvd collection and they play fine on my computer's dvd player... :confused:

anyways, help!!! this stupid ps2 won't play the dvd!!!! it keeps going to the browser no matter what i do....