how do u all get your temps?

dinde

Jan 26, 2003
well, i wa swondering how u guys got your temps. for case temps i massuming u just baught soemthing to measure the temps. what about nb/sb/gpu?

EDIT: woops, forgot the "how" in topic hehe

BG4533

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2001
I dont think most people worry about those. As long as your case temps are fine, then you really shouldnt have a problem with nb/sb or gpu. If it was that big of a deal to measure them, then manufacturers would probably start putting something in to measure them.

Brian

Bluefront

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2002
Hummm......After mods, different fans, masses of wires, cables, different sized cards, maybe a poorly designed case, who knows what temperatures will be at different points. You all should know by now that all internal components last longer at cooler temps.

I use a DigitalDoc5 that monitors temps at eight different points by the use of separate sensors on long wires. After hooking up all the sensors, I discovered several hot spots/components. Easy mods lowered temps in the hot areas.....I'm sold on a DD5.

Batman5177

Dec 30, 1999
i agree with speedfan!

it reads all the temps/voltages that motherboard monitor does, with less of a hassle setting up.

also, it can slow down fans to quiet them down.

GeminiZi

Oct 25, 2002
i have a new dimension 4550, will speedfan support my motherboard, etc., can i use this program? i've tried using DTemp, and it said that my hard drive is at 41C, is that bad, what can i do to get my temps down? thank you.