How do to enable wirless network card radio?

communistM

Nov 5, 2007
Hi, I'm working on a Toshiba Satellite (L25-S1194). The wire-less adapter is not working, according to the laptop and its diagnosis in Atheros Troubleshooting Utility the radio is disabled. When i run the utility i get this:

Name: Radio Test
Description: This test is to check if the radio is turned on.
Test Failure: The radio is not on
Solution: Enable the radio, by ACU

I guess the real problem is that i ca not find the option to turn on the radio in ACU. It shows exactly that in the Current Status tab, "Radio Status: Hardware Disabled." But there seems no option or configure tab, menu option any where to turn it on. I have seen on other forums that the radio can be disabled and enabled through key strokes with the Fn key, is this true? I am also assuming that ACU means Atheros Client Utility. Any help would be much appericated.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
there may be a switch somewhere on the laptop to enable this, or maybe just a button, poke around :)

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
The Toshiba L25-S1194 should have a sliding switch to switch one the Wireless radio.

Darvil

Nov 23, 2003
I have a Toshiba Satellite also.

The switch is right in the front. There is a faint light that comes on and off depending if the switch is off or on :)

communistM

Nov 5, 2007
Yeah, wow, can't believe i missed that. I spent a couple of hours on that Atheros Client app and in network connections the last couple of nights. Trying to use all the ipconfig commands i remembered from school, just a whole bunch of stuff that ultimately did not work. And i probably would still be at it if it were not for your speedy replies. Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate the help, was completely stumped. :)