How do i refuse a UPS package?

jaybert

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2001
I just ordered a second case from Onvia because its so much cheaper and a better case then the one i got from antec-inc.com. Their CS just said for me to refuse their package and once it gets back, I'll get a refund. The UPS guy always drops off the package, rings the doorbell and leaves. He never waits for me sign anything or waits for someoen to answer the door. To make matters even more complicated, I have about 5 or 6 UPS packages coming towmorrow (for computer I'm building). I probably wont be home either when he arrives. What do you all suggest i do?

tweekah

Oct 23, 1999
Get the tracking number from the CSR/onvia site. Leave the driver a note on the door refusing that tracking number. That's about the best thing I can think of.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
yeah, i agree with tweekah.....that's what you should do......also i don't know if it's too late now, but you can try calling ups and see if they can send it back without delivering(i don't know if they can do it, but it's worth a try)

Vegito

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Yeah, sometimes they can, I usually leave a note, thats if u have the tracking #, and you know what date it's coming..... just say no..

sygyzy

Lifer
Oct 21, 2000
I don't see why this is even a question. All you do when they knock on the door is say "I refuse the package". Simple as that. As long as you do not open the package or sign for it, UPS will take it back.

techfuzz

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2001
Get the tracking number, call UPS and give them the tracking number for the package you want to refuse and they won't load it on the truck if you catch it before the day it is supposed to be delivered.

jaybert

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2001
uhm yeah....too bad UPS never actually waits for me to come to the door. They ALWAYS just drop off the package, ring the doorbell, and leave. They dont even wait 5 seconds to see if anyone answers. Thats why I am having this problem. Also, I might not even be home towmorrow

Entity23

Jan 30, 2001
They arent supposed to leave the package w/o consent. Thats why they have the yellow "we missed you" slips. Thats a liability for them, what if it gets stolen? Call your local UPS headquarters and tell them not to leave the packages or talk to the driver. Why not just except the package and send it back. They will reimburse shipping.

clumsum

Nov 19, 2000
I think you can call the local UPS delivery point, tell them you will pick up the package at their location (ID it by the tracking #), they will un-load it from the truck and hold it for you. You can stop by at your convenience and refuse the package or maby just call them and refuse it ............ ?

jaybert

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2001
no they wont...the product isnt broken or anything. Why would they reimburse shipping when its my fault? I just bought a product I didnt need. I hvae no problems with them leaving product, I'm usually at school so when I know they're coming I put a note on the door to tell them to leave it. Oh well, we'll try the note and see what happens