How do I move itune's files to Android phone?

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
You can do it manually, otherwise I'd suggest doubleTwist. The base app is free, but you can pay $5 for wireless sync functionality.

zerogear

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2000
Like what? m4a? Plug in a phone, drag & drop? The files should be DRM-free in recent years, so Android music players shouldn't have any problem finding and playing it.

blairharrington

Jan 1, 2009
Google knows many ways to do this, but is there a "best" way?

People will suggest iSyncr and DoubleTwist. I had no luck with either.

I'll tell you what I did and you can decide if it would work for you. Take all your music and if it isn't already, place it on your computer. (I used to have all my music in a folder.) Then create a Google Music account and upload all your music to their cloud service. At that point you can access all your music via their Google Music app and you can add to your collection manually via the Chrome browser or purchase from the Play Store. You can stream the music or pin it to your phone's internal storage or SD card slot if you have the option on your device.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
Like what? m4a? Plug in a phone, drag & drop? The files should be DRM-free in recent years, so Android music players shouldn't have any problem finding and playing it.

The files don't appear when the phone is plugged into the usb port. I am sure there is a simple solution, but that stopped the process right there.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
The files don't appear when the phone is plugged into the usb port. I am sure there is a simple solution, but that stopped the process right there.

You just said 'iTunes files' without any other information so people are assuming that you have a main music library stored on a computer. That's what everyone have been talking about when they said just copy the files manually or use DoubleTwist/iSyncr, they meant from your computer.

If you strictly meant the songs on your iPhone, then sync them first to a computer, and then from there you can copy them to the Android phone manually.

glen

Lifer
Apr 28, 2000
You just said 'iTunes files' without any other information so people are assuming that you have a main music library stored on a computer. That's what everyone have been talking about when they said just copy the files manually or use DoubleTwist/iSyncr, they meant from your computer.

If you strictly meant the songs on your iPhone, then sync them first to a computer, and then from there you can copy them to the Android phone manually.
Thank you! That is exactly what I meant!