how do i install Sorian AI on Supreme Commander ??

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i got myself into Supreme Commander again, had an old DVD gathering dust from 10 years ago.

I remember i had found a Mod called Sorian AI which greatly improved the skirmish AI to the point where it was almost as good as a human. I've found it online, but it's an installer for the Forged Alliance version, which i don't have.
The info online is old, stuff from 10 years ago.
Does anyone here remember how you install Sorian AI on a non-steam, non-GOG version of SupCom ? And if so, does anyone have a link to the mod files? (frankly, the base AI is quite pathetic).

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
oh joy of total crash and complete reinstall of windows.
Just Steam alone took me 10 minutes.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I don't have any information regarding that mod, but Forged Alliance is less than the price of a candy bar on Steam at the moment and it's incredibly fun if you enjoyed Supreme Commander. According to Steam, I've sunk 86 hours into Forged Alliance and that's well worth the $2.50 price tag.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
I don't have any information regarding that mod, but Forged Alliance is less than the price of a candy bar on Steam at the moment and it's incredibly fun if you enjoyed Supreme Commander. According to Steam, I've sunk 86 hours into Forged Alliance and that's well worth the $2.50 price tag.
didn't FA do weird stuff with the units ? like, add unbalanced units, or .. ?
i don't remember, it's been a long time.

Feb 4, 2009
i got myself into Supreme Commander again, had an old DVD gathering dust from 10 years ago.

I remember i had found a Mod called Sorian AI which greatly improved the skirmish AI to the point where it was almost as good as a human. I've found it online, but it's an installer for the Forged Alliance version, which i don't have.
The info online is old, stuff from 10 years ago.
Does anyone here remember how you install Sorian AI on a non-steam, non-GOG version of SupCom ? And if so, does anyone have a link to the mod files? (frankly, the base AI is quite pathetic).

Steam is set to accept all Supreme Commander keys. When I claimed my Forged Alliance key it gave me both games. Same could be true with SC.
Something about steam not knowing which keys belong to which game so they just have both.

Forged Alliance is a superior game imo.
Better balance, better super units.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
i don't remember, it's been a long time.
Not to my knowledge. Everything seemed really balanced, especially with the super units. Pretty much everyone in the SupCom competitive scene all play Forged Alliance.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
thak you; i've decided to go with LOUD. Sorian doesn't want to work well anyway, and, why not, let's try something new.

funny story, Sorian - the person - was apparently hired by GPG to build the AI of SupCom2, the game here everyone hates because they played 3 seconds of it and went pfft, there's not enough micromanagement AND the units do not shoot in the walls, while instead it's a very good game that has as many improvements over what few simplifications.

Reactions: ZGR

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I have 31 hours logged on SupCom2 and I just prefer Forged Alliance because it feels complete. SupCom2 felt like they dumbed down a lot of the game to make it more accessible to everyone when most of the people who buy sequels are fans of the first games. It wasn't a bad game but it just felt like a downgrade from FA.

Feb 4, 2009
I have 31 hours logged on SupCom2 and I just prefer Forged Alliance because it feels complete. SupCom2 felt like they dumbed down a lot of the game to make it more accessible to everyone when most of the people who buy sequels are fans of the first games. It wasn't a bad game but it just felt like a downgrade from FA.

I didn’t buy it but from the demo I had the above feeling plus I felt the effects of consolitus coming on fast.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
look, i too felt it was simplified. But at that time i had played so much SupCom1 that i got sick with it, so i stuck with 2 and i found it as enjoyable, if in a different way. I feel that 1 is more brute force, build a huge economy, drop down 2/3 mavors, or spam colossi. 2 is more tactics, less management.
Two things that i absolutely will not concede on is that 1. the base air units in 2 work much better, and 2. the out-of-the-box AI is much better. Moot point, i know, but still.
Oh and pathing in 2 is much more fluid.

Yes, i am aware that you do lose some in the management / base building side, i don't want to say 2 is better, but it's a worthwile tradeoff.

Hey, GPG is totally welcome to go ahead and release SupCom 3 and put the best of both in just one game.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005

nah the mod foundry broke that..

you could have a mod tech 10 builder that could build titans and eat up all the energy you could ever produce unless you were that one branch that had that ultimate fusion reactor.

Feb 4, 2009
Guys, want to load up Sup Com & play a match on the loud servers? If we get 3 or 4 of us we can set up a match to play 3 or 4 randoms. We could play as a team.
Anyone up for this?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Incase your wondering...
I think this is the end to the entire Total Annihilation franchise.

Launching moons at people is fun.