How do get security system to work on wifi repeater?

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I got a Comfast 5.8ghz/2.4ghz 750AC repeater for the garage. I can see it displayed on my laptop wifi and connect just fine. So my security camera system is also in the garage and I can use this repeater as an access point but security system is wired LAN only. I wanted to connect it to the repeater LAN port in hopes that it would connect to my router that way. but the instructions are total crap and someone didn't know how to convert chinese to english worth a damn.
But it says for access point, I need to set IP if I want to login? So my security system has IP settings along with Gateway..etc but not sure what IP to use?

The security system is an ANNKE 4CH POE HDMI NVR HD IP Network Outdoor CCTV Home Security Camera System.

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
Does the security system not have a DHCP function? That should be able to pull the local IP addresses it needs, but if not then look for the IP addresses in the phone advanced settings or in your router's settings. To set it manually, the Gateway and DNS will be your router's IP (eg, 192.168.1.1), and the device IP should be set to something like 192.168.1.100 (high enough so DHCP won't conflict).

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Does the security system not have a DHCP function? That should be able to pull the local IP addresses it needs, but if not then look for the IP addresses in the phone advanced settings or in your router's settings. To set it manually, the Gateway and DNS will be your router's IP (eg, 192.168.1.1), and the device IP should be set to something like 192.168.1.100 (high enough so DHCP won't conflict).

Yes, there's a checkbox for DHCP. I didn't know what that is. I never got into networking.

I logged into the Comfast Repeater's settings and set it to Access Point mode and set a password..etc. But the camera's still can't get access to internet. So I'll try the DHCP switch tomorrow and see what happens.
The security boxes last IP digit is 09 but I'll try setting it higher if i can't get it to work...after that I'm not sure what to do. I guess I'll have to wire up a laptop into the Repeater to make sure that part of it is capable, if so then it must be the Security box's settings.