How did you meet your S.O.?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aquila76

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
www.facebook.com
I first met her at a party when my cousin moved to Rockland. She was a friend of a girl my cousin ended up dating and marrying, so we were always hanging out together. It wasn't until my cousin's wedding that we really got to spend some quality 'alone time' and it just escalated from there. Three years later, we got married. 6 Years in May.

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Project work at college ... that was in 1997, and we've been married for nearly 4 years :) Started dating in 1999, and we're soon to have a little one :)

Brazen

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2000
I went to a wedding out-a-town and needed a place to stay. I was still good friends with the roommate of a girl I dated in college years before, who lived in this town, so I called her up and ended up staying at her parents house. The next day I spent some time hanging out with her sister and we hit it off. We've (the sister and I) been married now for 3 years and just had a baby!

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002
I was trying to find a date to my high school junior prom, and a friend of mine told me that she'd ask her brother if he'd go with me. I told her I'd rather she wait to ask him, because I had a few other people in mind. Well, the next day she came to school and told me that her brother said he'd go with me, and I decided that it could be really fun to go with him because he seemed like a nice guy. So I called him up from work that night and goofily asked him if he'd like to go with me to my junior prom, and he mentioned how much of a surprise it was to be asked by me and said that yes, he'd go with me.

And we hit it off. It'll be four years in May.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
she sat next to me in calc class practically everyday... one day I decided to ask her for her notes from the previous session because I missed them... what a nice excuse to talk to her.. she agreed to meet me at the library (so it was innocent) and we got to know each other better... she had a boyfriend at the time... anyway we were just friends for about a year... she broke up with her bf for unrelated reasons... and then over the summer we took a class together and lived together... we dated 4+ years then I proposed and we got married in 2002.

College rules... everyone should go to college... better yet... live in the dorms. ;)

MrMaster

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2001
www.pc-prime.com
SO for me would be 1 yr or more. I've had only two then.

first one, we worked together at McDonalds in college but didn't hit it off until we met up at a party at my place. Lasted 5 years.

The second one lasted a year and I met her at a party at my house. She was a friend of a friend.

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Met her at a a competitive drinking event for Engineers, 15 months and going strong.

--Mark

Majesty

Nov 22, 1999
I met her at my friend's house 10 years ago. We went all together in town, have a walk on the Plains of Abraham (in Quebec city if you wonder) and I talked with her almost all the time we were there. Our story ended 8 months ago. :(

The worst is that I think she still loves me (I know I still love her) and I don't know what to do.

Megadeth

Jun 14, 2004
not the most interesting but my room mate set me up with his girlfriends friend as a "meeting" type of thing.... We hit it off and now we are engaged.

necine

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2005
My roommate GFs best friend... She had tons of pictures and I always thought this one girl was really cute. The roommates GF ended up bringing her to a football game. We hung out at the game, got drunk, got lunch, hit it off and started "talking". We've been goin great for about a year.

Kitkat13

Aug 11, 2004
I met mine in a bar.... I am usually really shy but I was HAMMERED!

My best friend was standing by the door and this guy walked by her and was wearing a great cologne. She stopped him and told him how good he smelled (she is very outgoing) and they were chatting. She called me over, introduced him as the smell-good guy and told me I needed to smell him cause he smelled so good.

I stuck my nose in the crook of his neck and took a big sniff while moving all the way up to just below his ear. I then looked at him and said "You smell so good I gotta take a bite", and promptly bit him on the neck.

That was 4 years ago and we've been dating about 2-1/2 years. :)

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
she was in my circle of friends.

we were close friends for 6 years before we started dating. we dated for almost a year, were engaged for almost a year and have been married for over 4 years.

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
We met at a bar.

His friend used to date my friend so I got her to introduce us. We had a great time together. I found out the next morning he had a gf.. that he lived with. He found out the next morning that I had a bf (whoops!).

After a year of being apart we finally got together and admitted that we were in love with eachother the whole time.

Now we are together 2 years and head over heels in love!

ShockwaveVT

Dec 13, 2004
current gf - met her while playing world of warcraft (yes i'm serious) talked on ventrilo & then the phone for hours, then hit it off in person. dating almost 6 months now.

x-gf - met @ a happy hour
xx-gf - met @ a party

Skunkwourk

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2004
met ex on a ski trip, nothing happened till I ran into her again a short while later...

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Majesty
I met her at my friend's house 10 years ago. We went all together in town, have a walk on the Plains of Abraham (in Quebec city if you wonder) and I talked with her almost all the time we were there. Our story ended 8 months ago. :(

The worst is that I think she still loves me (I know I still love her) and I don't know what to do.
Call her up and get back together? Why'd you break up?

desiplaya4life

Golden Member
Jan 25, 2004
Originally posted by: rh71
she sat next to me in calc class practically everyday... one day I decided to ask her for her notes from the previous session because I missed them... what a nice excuse to talk to her.. she agreed to meet me at the library (so it was innocent) and we got to know each other better... she had a boyfriend at the time... anyway we were just friends for about a year... she broke up with her bf for unrelated reasons... and then over the summer we took a class together and lived together... we dated 4+ years then I proposed and we got married in 2002.

College rules... everyone should go to college... better yet... live in the dorms. ;)

aww thats awesome!