how did you choose your anand name?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
well, i was reading don quixote one day, and there was the tale of the Phoenix Knight. well, i thought that was cool and started using Phoenix Night as my handle. but that was too big to fit in a lot of video game handle, so it got shortened to FenixNite, which got shortened to ElFenix.

urbantechie

Banned
Jun 28, 2000
Actually my real universal nick is UrbanTech but it was taken so I had to settle for urbantechie. BTW, UrbanTech is our company production name when we make skate videos :)

MrChicken

Feb 18, 2000
It became my universal nick after I tried to sign on to Mplayer as LardA$$ and Mplayer wouldnt take it because of the A$$.
So MrChicken became my universal online nick. LardA$$ is still what I use for single player and local lan games.

Oh yeah, it comes from the "Ghost and MrChicken movie". no reason other than it seemed cool to play quake and see things like "MrChicken gibs SUPERKILLER".

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
it was given to me by a tribal chief in Botswana, along about the time I didn't marry his daughter.

Tetsuo316

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2000
i was born on march 16th.

the movie akira is rad, and the character tetsuo is a lot of fun to watch.

cfredc

Jul 19, 2000
i was really bored one day tutoring little kids in english and i thought:

see jack
run jack run
see jane
swim jane swim
cfredc....

ya ya.... really unoriginal,corny and stupid.. but no one else has it ;)

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
I was at band camp once and and and this girl with a flute asked what my name was and and and I said Nic... yea Nic Colt.

hehe actually I had to choose a NIC for Counterstrike and it had the Colt as one of it's weapons so Nic Colt. Oh well.

AngelOfDeath

Golden Member
Apr 25, 2000
I use it when playing Q3, and then I figured out that since I never ever would be able to use my name or nick anywhere since it probably was taken I started to use this nick instead.

AoD ;)

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< I searched and looked through a dozen threads like this in the last year, found dennilfloss appealing, killed him and took his place. >>

Two things here you imposter, your kidding about there have been threads like this before right? and about the Old Dennil, it was slow and painful right? ;)

SHUX

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
His last words were: &quot;This really sucks!&quot;

The late dennilfloss was, of course, speaking to me in the above sentence. Easy come, easy go. :D

Dennil 2, being an android, is more durable, but still fully functional.

Budman

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I am a man &amp; I occasionally drink some Budweiser, you but them together &amp; you get BUDMAN.

I know it's not much of a nick but i lack imagination sometimes.

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The weirdest story, one day I opened my wallet, checked my license, and bang it all came to me as in a dream, make it Daniel, is seemed so clear cut at the time :)

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
wangel - Short for White Angel

Most 'user names' will not allow for a space, so you combine to get wangel.

This was my CD handle many many many years ago. Sort of stuck.