How D. Rodman can help the North Korean people (Letter from an escaped NK prisoner)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I'm amazed at the manner in which this individual who wrote that letter endured that life and came through with such perspective. I hate being continually amazed how evil man can be to one another. That's the biggest threat of centralized power IMO, the rationalization of that evil for ones own end. The statists are everywhere, just with different levels of power over others.

I like to hope that Rodman is smarter than everyone and that he has a secret plan to achieve great things in NK. It obviously looks like he's just ego trippen and without a clue nor character enough to look for one.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
I watched a few interviews with Rodman. While it's easy to dismiss him for his outrageous appearance and the kind words he says about Kim Jong Un, but I think he's handling it tactfully. Does people really expect him to publicly denounce him for his horrific human rights practices? That's a sure fire way to lose the little contact we have with NK.

I like how Rodman calls Un a kid, but tries to empathize with him. It's a tactful way of saying he doesn't agree with what he's doing but he doesn't blame him for doing it. Perhaps it might make Un question his own wisdom. I think that's a very diplomatic way to approach this right now.

Last edited:

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I'm amazed at the manner in which this individual who wrote that letter endured that life and came through with such perspective. I hate being continually amazed how evil man can be to one another. That's the biggest threat of centralized power IMO, the rationalization of that evil for ones own end. The statists are everywhere, just with different levels of power over others.

I like to hope that Rodman is smarter than everyone and that he has a secret plan to achieve great things in NK. It obviously looks like he's just ego trippen and without a clue nor character enough to look for one.
Well said.

Oct 30, 2004
Dennis Rodman is not the brightest bird. I watched him play ball when he first entered the NBA as a rookie with the Detroit Pistons. He's either making a huge fool of himself or is serving some sort of U.S. government purpose.