How can I spray bugs at the top of my house without a ladder?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I am not interested in paying a service. A few years ago I bought a $20 sprayer and some ungodly stuff off the net, which kills everything in sight (Demon WP or a knock-off of it). However, I have some wasps trying to make homes (people in this area call them "bees") around the top of my house. How can I get them? The ground isn't good enough for a ladder to be safe. I went to Lowes and they have many sprayers, but none have long, 15' wands. Do I need 60psi or 80 psi to just make a thin high power stream to get the spray up to the top?

I guess I'll look again on the net for more powder because i used the last a week back with some naughty ants and lowes/home depot only sell low-power junk for sprayers.

MattCo

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001
<Mad Scientist>

1. Mix it up and fill a balloon with it.
2. Chuck the balloon at the area you want "Splattered".
3. Profit

</Mad Scientist>

BornStar

Diamond Member
Oct 30, 2001
They have cans of insect killer with 20-30ft range I believe that you just spray at the offending area. I'm afraid that's rather vague but I haven't used it in probably 10 years.

SillyOReilly

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2007
Get a bunch of helium balloons and you can conjure the rest. (Don't forget to tie a rope around your waist.)

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I can see why you're against the ladder. After dealing the blow, an angry swarm of bees in throes of death will of course attack you. That will result in excessive stinging and/or falling off the ladder. Probably both.

I recommend retrofitting a conventional sprayer onto a remote control helicopter. Alternatively, you could purchase and wear a full beekeeper suit which would allow you to laugh at the bees while you spray them.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
Don't be a cheap ass and buy a ladder. Or borrow one from someone.
ground isn't good enough for a ladder to be safe.

What's the ground like?

How about creating a platform on the ground for the ladder?

Dec 26, 2007
Originally posted by: tenshodo13
You could always burn down the house

lol

Smite them and wish some all knowing, supreme being that some people believe exists to use their "divine wrath" to kill them...

Or pressure washer to launch some diluted stuff up there.

Or get out the rock climbing and base jumping equip, scale your side of the house, spray them, then run and jump off remembering to use your parachute to slow your decent.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
The ground is severely graded.

I went to HD and bought a can that has a claimed range of 27 feet. I doubt that's vertical, but anyway...I've heard that if it's gently warmed with a propane burner (no more than 150 F, pressure in the can goes up quite a bit and up to 40 feet can be squeezed out, so I will try that.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
You can get 25' sprays everywhere.

Go to wal-mart, home depot, lowes, ace hardware, anywhere really that would carry any kind of bug sprays and they'll have it.

It works very well.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: lokiju
You can get 25' sprays everywhere.

Go to wal-mart, home depot, lowes, ace hardware, anywhere really that would carry any kind of bug sprays and they'll have it.

It works very well.

Seriously. That stuff you bought OP will be more than sufficient, don't go heating it with a propane torch, you don't want a can full of splody bug poison all over you because then it's probably good enough to be people poison :p