How best buy screws you over ?

Codewiz

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2002
that was pretty pathetic. I could post many ways that they actually try to screw you.

AbAbber2k

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005
Never worked for BB, and rarely shop there, but still got a chuckle out of that. So true.

n7

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2004
That was f*cking stupid.

I work in retail, & while i'm very well aware of how to screw over the customers, that video is just silly.

Generalizations are annoying too, since if you come into my department assuming i am an idiot, you're gonna get schooled on your own idiocy ;)

My job is to help the customer find what they came in for.
If i know that what they want isn't correct for what they tell me their needs are, yes, i'm gonna recommend what matches what their needs dictate.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Pretty true. I have some friends who used to work at Best-Buy for about 7.50/hour. Not bad for High School job (They got a sic discount). Wegmans was better though (10/hour with 15/hour on Sundays). Of course, nothing beats paid internships (what I got) Lockheed Martin 14/hour :D

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: n7
That was f*cking stupid.

I work in retail, & while i'm very well aware of how to screw over the customers, that video is just silly.

Generalizations are annoying too, since if you come into my department assuming i am an idiot, you're gonna get schooled on your own idiocy ;)

My job is to help the customer find what they came in for.
If i know that what they want isn't correct for what they tell me their needs are, yes, i'm gonna recommend what matches what their needs dictate.

Standard retail stereotypes are great. I actually work at Best Buy (Geek Squad, actually). Its very easy to bring money into the store without fleecing customers.

As far as the first vid goes: the 10 rules are completely wrong. I eat and drink on the clock, just not in front of customers. No one wears hats or lanyards with advertising. In fact, once of our male managers has quite a long ponytail. Our break room is probably 15x30, has a couch, bigscreen TV, 3 tables and a foosball table in it. Lunch can go longer than 30 minutes. All depends on your departments coverage for the day and how busy the store is. We also chat with other employees all the time. Things may be different at other stores. If you're ever in Missoula, Montana, stop in. If i'm in the store i'll even be your personal shopping assistant, if you need it, and if we aren't busy.

Second video:
SCREW, never heard the term, ever. We do have other sales-based acronyms but none as "enthralling" as that one.