How about this?

DualXP4ghz

Aug 5, 2002
I have a full ride scholarship to college for soccer. Im in my 3rd year. Well, my coach has been an extremely larfe asshole to me this year, for whatever reaason. I havent been rude or anything like that to him at all. Well, today we voted on the team captains and I came in first place in the voting. Well, after we all voted he takes me asside and i assume he is gonna tell me that i am going to be the captain. Instead he tells me that I wont be captain b/c i was screwing off before practice and that showed lack of discipline and team committment! WTF.....I was punting a ball before practice and talking about a skit on Comedy Central. And i was only talking to a few people, but stil that shouldnt matter. IT WAS 20 MINUTES B4 PRACTICE EVEN STARTS AND WE ARE ALLOWED TO DO WHATEVER. So, at first i thought my coach was joking. But then he tells two ohter people that they are captains. Well, I talked to him about it and i was being polite and everything about it, but he still is being a dick. Well, I got pissed off and decided to F*ck all of it cause it wasnt worth wasting my time when my coach was obviously picking me out of a crowd. I have no clue why he is doing this to me. I dated his niece last year and she even broke up with me, so I doubt he'd be pissed at me for that. And if he was, why wouldnt he have done anything about it last year? I understand that Im on a full scholarship and that i have to listen to what idiots say b/c its not my money, but do you think I should complain to the administration about this or something?

diskop

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
You could complain to the administration, but make sure you don't get kicked off the team so it'll ruin your scholarship. At the very least, just suck it up. The guy's an ass, if he doesn't want you to be captain I don't think there's much else you can do.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
dude.. being captain aint jack squat... i was co-captian with 2 other guys and co-mvp with another player...

but every single player in the entire high school program knew i was by far the best volleyball player.. including the other captains and mvp...

just show em all up with skill..

DualXP4ghz

Aug 5, 2002
Well the thing that pisses me off was that I am the best player on the team at defense. I was team defensive mvp and all conference....< ---- im not tryin to be cocky.....but im angry b/c i was voted to be the captain and b/c my coach is a dick im not...i deserve it

n0cmonkey

Elite Member
Jun 10, 2001
Originally posted by: DualXP4ghz
Well the thing that pisses me off was that I am the best player on the team at defense. I was team defensive mvp and all conference....< ---- im not tryin to be cocky.....but im angry b/c i was voted to be the captain and b/c my coach is a dick im not...i deserve it

But you didnt get it. Welcome to life. Dont take it seriously, you wont get out alive.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I wouldn't do anything to jeapordize your scholarship. Remember, in life, it is important to choose your battles. If this is really that important to you, and I'm not trying to downplay this, then fight it. Go to the adminstration, have the team members say they all voted for you and fight it. If it's really not that big a deal, then life to fight another battle, another day.