Houston woman killed in car crash, toddlers injured, onlookers steal her groceries

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
To a point, yes. I can tell you this though, if a person gets hungry enough, they will forget any laws.

Most criminals don't steal because they need to, in a survival sense of the word need. They do it because it is easier than the alternatives (working or going without). Add in an entitlement generation we are living in, and you've got a bunch of thieves who blame everyone else for why they can't afford "nice things".
Agreed completely.

I'm saying crimes of this nature are usually perpetrated by poor inner city or suburban black people. It's a cultural issue.
I disagree that suburban blacks have a "cultural issue" predilection for stealing groceries from a dying woman with injured kids. Seriously, dude. Maybe in the inner city you'd have a point. Maybe.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
I disagree that suburban blacks have a "cultural issue" predilection for stealing groceries from a dying woman with injured kids. Seriously, dude. Maybe in the inner city you'd have a point. Maybe.

Depends on the suburb, that's why I specified "poor". There are a few cheap apartment complexes in my local suburbs where I'd have an easy defense for "why do you feel the need to carry a gun?" if I lived there.

bradly1101

Diamond Member
May 5, 2013
www.bradlygsmith.org
I went to my local train station and there was a man lying down on the end of the platform. He looked hurt or dead. I called 911 and in the few minutes it took for the paramedics to arrive several people went through his pockets.

Sad, but that's people. The guy was just passed-out drunk.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How can you be surprised?

This is the America as envisioned by the rich Republican Elite.

You see them post constantly in here everyday that this is what they want and got.

Yeah, I'm sure the people that took the groceries voted for Mitt...

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
it's obviously fucked up, but still, in a bigger-picture sense, it's better than letting the food rot. she certainly wasn't going to be using it.

as an on-looker, after calling the police, unless the car was on fire I probably would have left the kids there at the risk of doing unnecessary damage to their bones trying to "help" them.

I suppose by that logic we have no problem robbing a recently murdered man of his wallet.