House Speaker election/circus/all ages carnival - ongoing coverage

Page 90 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
She has accomplished absolutely nothing. I think she is dumber than a rock and that laugh.

So you agree with me she is useless.

Isn't that better from your conservative point of view.. do nothing, don't let anyone do anything, make sure nothing gets done.

No major policy changes, just keep things the way they are and kick the can down the road till the dust in our bones is gone?

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
She has accomplished absolutely nothing. I think she is dumber than a rock and that laugh.

So you agree with me she is useless.
So what would you say of pence's vice presidency? Or bidens from 2008-16? Gore under Clinton?

Here's the thing - the VP is largely an invisible role. (Dick Cheney is probably the biggest exception)

Nov 17, 2019
Kam was a VERY poor choice and screwed up a LOT as a Prosecutor. There are some serious questions about things she did back then.

But that's not really the point of this thread is it?

I saw mention earlier that the 'Pubs may take some sort of action against MAGArat Traitor Greene, but I haven't seen what or when.

Reactions: uclaLabrat

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
It would be nice if you would just be honest for once and say the reason you aren't voting for Biden is because he's a Democrat. No one votes for the VP, that's one of the dumber things you've said on this board.

If you were being honest and you were genuinely concerned about the Vice President not being able to fix a decades old border problem, then the last person you'd vote for is Trump. You know, the guy who campaigned on fixing the border by building a giant fucking wall that Mexico was going to pay for.
Actually, I have to partially disagree with nobody votes based on the VP. In the past, you would have been 100% correct. Because in the past, the VP has always been a man. But in todays political climate, and the fight for woman's equality, there are many people, specially democrates that vote based on having a woman as their VP running mate. Biden chosing a woman as a VP was one of the reasons more people came out to vote in 2020. Voters that wouldn't have voted otherwise. That and the fact that we didn't want Trump to get another term.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Actually, I have to partially disagree with nobody votes based on the VP. In the past, you would have been 100% correct. Because in the past, the VP has always been a man. But in todays political climate, and the fight for woman's equality, there are many people, specially democrates that vote based on having a woman as their VP running mate. Biden chosing a woman as a VP was one of the reasons more people came out to vote in 2020. Voters that wouldn't have voted otherwise. That and the fact that we didn't want Trump to get another term.

and don't forget how toxic Palin was to people with any fucking common sense.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
I never heard of her before she began running for president.

If what she "does" is invisible then what is the point. What are her accomplishments? Please be specific.

I don't "hate" her. I just think she is worthless and does nothing since she has been elected.
Without looking it up, name something Pence accomplished as VP.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
So what would you say of pence's vice presidency? Or bidens from 2008-16? Gore under Clinton?

Here's the thing - the VP is largely an invisible role. (Dick Cheney is probably the biggest exception)
Gore was one of the most influential and powerful VPs in history. He all but ran OMB under Clinton. He was Clinton’s hatchet man.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Mike Johnson has stated that there’s hordes of illegals voting while admitting there’s no evidence - he just intuitively knows.

A “faith based” worldview. There are things you know are "The Truth" because you JUST KNOW it must be so regardless of proof or lack thereof and they are not limited to theology.

That POV has caused endless misery and persecution in the world. (Cf. the Crusades) And it will most likely continue to do so forever.

Reactions: dank69

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
I imagine those Democrats voted against the motion to table because they think Johnson has been a bad Speaker. For as much as he’s ultimately been willing to allow fairly “clean” votes on must-pass items like the federal budget, he’s also rammed through highly partisan measures like the Mayorkas impeachment. From their perspective, a motion to vacate might not be able to put someone better in the Speaker’s chair but they couldn’t do much worse.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Mike Johnson has stated that there’s hordes of illegals voting while admitting there’s no evidence - he just intuitively knows.

A “faith based” worldview. There are things you know are "The Truth" because you JUST KNOW it must be so regardless of proof or lack thereof and they are not limited to theology.

That POV has caused endless misery and persecution in the world. (Cf. the Crusades) And it will most likely continue to do so forever.
I forgot about "truthyness".

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Lol he'll take the puppy killer over Harris

LOL.

I'll take a bag of old turds over Kamala Harris.

It would be nice if you would just be honest for once and say the reason you aren't voting for Biden is because he's a Democrat. No one votes for the VP, that's one of the dumber things you've said on this board.

It would also be nice IF YOU would be honest for once and follow along the thread you would have seen that I didn't bring Kamala Harris into this. It was brought up by @eelw. After I stated that Marjorie Taylor Greene made my skin crawl.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I guess we found the one American who votes based on who the VP is.

Lol

And yet, you voted for him, because apparently you vote for the Vice President, not the President, lmao.

So nobody take the VP role into account when voting for the President.
See @eelw about why he brought it up I didn't. I only responded to eelw's post.

Without looking it up, name something Pence accomplished as VP.

None he sucked too.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Kam was a VERY poor choice and screwed up a LOT as a Prosecutor. There are some serious questions about things she did back then.

But that's not really the point of this thread is it?

I saw mention earlier that the 'Pubs may take some sort of action against MAGArat Traitor Greene, but I haven't seen what or when.

Harris' net favorability ratings are atrocious, even lower than Biden's and Trump's. And because of Biden's age, her being on the ticket does matter a lot to certain voters. I don't think it's an option, but swapping her out with a "better" running mate would improve the campaign's standing. If that was an option, the question would be who's better and gets the ticket more votes? There's actually no obvious answer. Sometimes you "dance with the one you came with."

If Biden was 60 years old, nobody would care that much about Harris except for the racists and misogynists like pcgeek11.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Harris' net favorability ratings are atrocious, even lower than Biden's and Trump's. And because of Biden's age, her being on the ticket does matter a lot to certain voters. I don't think it's an option, but swapping her out with a "better" running mate would improve the campaign's standing. If that was an option, the question would be who's better and gets the ticket more votes? There's actually no obvious answer. Sometimes you "dance with the one you came with."

If Biden was 60 years old, nobody would care that much about Harris except for the racists and misogynists like pcgeek11.

I'm neither racist nor misogynistic.

Are you? You must be because you don't think Harris is a good choice either.

Other than that I agree with your post.

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
Pcgeek is a horrendous misogynist and openly lies and plays the both side game as the feckless troll that he is. There is no debate or discussion with him. He simply runs the goalposts not to a different field but different planet. It is always the same garbage spew. Putting him on ignore is always best option.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
I watched a YT clip of Colbert's monologue last night. They actually showed Johnson answering the question regarding noncitizens voting and I quote:

Reporter: Mr. speaker, are you saying there's evidence of non citizens voting? What’s the estimate of how many non-citizens are voting?

Johnson: The answer is that it is unanswerable.

Colbert: Are you the speaker of the house or a magic ball?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Pcgeek is a horrendous misogynist and openly lies and plays the both side game as the feckless troll that he is. There is no debate or discussion with him. He simply runs the goalposts not to a different field but different planet. It is always the same garbage spew. Putting him on ignore is always best option.

Then please do.