Hottest Deal OF ALL TIME!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WooDaddy

Jan 4, 2001
Gothar,

I use to have a thread for AT&T Wireless phones that were nicely priced. I picked up a Nokia 3620 (smartphone) for $0. Best phone ever... well.. I want the 6800 now.. but still...

It was free

Yes.. Free... Not free after mail-in rebate. Not free but we still take the money out of your account, then credit it. No... Free as in no underwear free. Free as in I called and said "Gimme MY PHONE, Bizitches!" and they said, "Yes, Pimp Woo! Your phone will be shipped FedEx tomorrow! Please don't slap me on the backhand side again!"

IceMole

Sep 28, 2004
I don't think it's that hot, anyone with a brain can get out of their contract. I just switched to verizon from sprint, "I moved to an area with no serivce"...boom contract canceled.

Krutoy

Apr 21, 2003
Hate to thread crap, but to those of us with no AT&T service this doesn't apply, even yet this is hardly a hottest deal of all timeto 99% of the people here, try to put more description in your title.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
can we get an Amazon deal right NOW and then get out of the contract tomorrow??? If that can be done, this is a HOT HOT HOT deal.

otherwise, bupkis

May 6, 2004
Saddly whether you like or dislike AT&T,mergers and acquistions in the long run almost always eventually hurt consumers,we'll have less competition for starters..the gov seems set on this trend..I guess all those perks/bribes being payed off in washington pay-off.

WooDaddy

Jan 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Krutoy
Hate to thread crap, but to those of us with no AT&T service this doesn't apply, even yet this is hardly a hottest deal of all timeto 99% of the people here, try to put more description in your title.

Last time I checked, the topic summary says "AT&T Wireless" in it.
It is the hottest deal of all time to people who want to leave AT&T Wireless without paying a cancellation fee. It saves them $150. Heck, it's not even a deal to me since I'm not leaving, but to everyone else who wants too, they can get ready to dance in the streets.
Hell, there's a thread about a gallon of Listerine going around. My breath ALWAYS smells good so it's not so hot for me. I don't go thread crapping in there because I don't need it....
Now for you, mister thread crapper, since crap is your game, Listerine might be right up your alley.

Read more.. It helps.

littlezipp

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2001
No, they are not going to let you out of your contract, you will have the option to keep your existing phone/contract/plan. You will be a Cingular "Blue" customer. If a customer does not wish to migrate to Cingular, he can stay Blue, but if he does want to switch to Cingular he can. No matter what the status of the contract is, you can cancel without the ETF and go to Cingular, but not just cancel outright.

amheck

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2000
Does anyone know if current AT&T WS customers can switch over to the rate plans on Cingular? I have 700 anytime minutes and free long distance if I'm within my calling area. I just signed a 1 year contract with AT&T GSM like 2 weeks ago. Cingular has 1000 anytime minutes with no roaming/long distance where ever you are for the same $39.99 price. I'd obviously like the terms of the Cingular deal better. Nationwide no-roaming would sure be nice, even though I don't travel all that often.

kitkit201

Diamond Member
May 31, 2000
well, i got three lines for $59.99 + tax .. 1000 anytime, unlimited mobile to mobile and nites and weekends.. i'll definately have to think about it..

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Hmm, my yearly contract ends tomorrow. Wonder if I should try to get a phone out of them for another contract, then cancel later on in the year..

sleepeeg3

May 25, 2004
No, they are not going to let you out of your contract, you will have the option to keep your existing phone/contract/plan.
You guys might want to consider READING THE REPLY ABOVE YOU. This "deal" was debunked after the 4th post. Read.

For the record, if anyone bothers to read this, all of the regulatory roadblocks have been passed, Cingular just has to cut the check and the merger should begin Monday. Not that it matters since THIS "DEAL" NEVER EXISTED!

Originally posted by: LordPhoenix
Hottest Deal of all time would be a nVidia geforce 6800 ultra with 600$ instant rebate :D
That would be pretty sweet. But since we're dreaming, let's make is an $1100+ Ultra Extreme Edition. :D

Krutoy

Apr 21, 2003
Originally posted by: WooDaddy
Originally posted by: Krutoy

Last time I checked, the topic summary says "AT&T Wireless" in it.
It is the hottest deal of all time to people who want to leave AT&T Wireless without paying a cancellation fee. It saves them $150. Heck, it's not even a deal to me since I'm not leaving, but to everyone else who wants too, they can get ready to dance in the streets.
Hell, there's a thread about a gallon of Listerine going around. My breath ALWAYS smells good so it's not so hot for me. I don't go thread crapping in there because I don't need it....
Now for you, mister thread crapper, since crap is your game, Listerine might be right up your alley.

Read more.. It helps.

Great, would you like a cookie?

dspiel

Feb 5, 2001
im suprised no one has asked this yet.....but once the merger has completed...will Cingular unlock my AT&T phone so I can use a cingular sim card?

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: snowdogg187
ATT friggin blows!!! great time for people to get away from them!!

maybe with the merger to cingular people will get better reception and better service?

amheck

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2000
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
Originally posted by: snowdogg187
ATT friggin blows!!! great time for people to get away from them!!

maybe with the merger to cingular people will get better reception and better service?

If you're on AT&T now, then you've probably been jumping between the AT&T and Cingular towers for a while now. They're currently sharing, so I'd imagine it's about as good as its gonna get.

Fighters

Oct 22, 2004
I read like 20 diff things about cancelling contracts but can anyone plz plz tell me if I can cancel my contract or get a better deal (with a better phone) since they merged. I got the 39.99 700 mins deal from ATT this june.

When I try to get a new phone from the site I get this message..

Thank you for your interest in upgrading your phone. Unfortunately, this account is not eligible for an equipment upgrade through the AT&T Wireless website. To review the equipment pricing options available to you, please visit your nearest AT&T Wireless Retail Store or call Customer Care at 1-866-772-5413.

Message 18014

Thanks

bluehorizon

Jun 25, 2004
Originally posted by: IceMole
I don't think it's that hot, anyone with a brain can get out of their contract. I just switched to verizon from sprint, "I moved to an area with no serivce"...boom contract canceled.

Hmm, is that all you said, and they cancelled your service? I tried the same thing, and they kept refusing without trying to charge me the cancellation fee. I still have the service. It sucks worse than a $5 whore.