Hotmail: How can I delete 7500 emails in my inbox at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
There are a few threads on google that popup and the answers are complete rubbish. I need to empty my entire inbox, not just the 30 or 50 on the screen one screen at a time.

Thanks!

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
OK - why not just delete the Hotmail Account completely. Then open a new one that will be empty.

Hotmail

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Set up Outlook (or Outlook Express) to connect to your Hotmail email account. After the mail program finishes downloading the message headers from Hotmail, click on any message in the Inbox (just to have the cursor focus in that box), press CTRL-A to select all messages in the Inbox, then press Shift-Delete to permanently delete them. The mail program will then tell Hotmail to delete the messages from the Inbox on their server as well.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Fardringle
Set up Outlook (or Outlook Express) to connect to your Hotmail email account. After the mail program finishes downloading the message headers from Hotmail, click on any message in the Inbox (just to have the cursor focus in that box), press CTRL-A to select all messages in the Inbox, then press Shift-Delete to permanently delete them. The mail program will then tell Hotmail to delete the messages from the Inbox on their server as well.
Great idea--I thought I needed to pay for pop access, but if not, that sounds the ticket.

corkyg, this account I've had for a decade, I need to keep the same address.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Understand. I was thinking you could rebuild the same address. What I do is use MailWasher Pro from Firetrust. I can delete any and all messages in any of my boxes. Ctrl-A is the "Select All" keystroke, and Shift Del isgreat. That is what gets rid of all mail in Ouitlook Express of WinMail.

With MailWasher, I always look at what is in my box before downloading - and I delete anything I don't want to deal with.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: Fardringle
Great idea--I thought I needed to pay for pop access, but if not, that sounds the ticket.

corkyg, this account I've had for a decade, I need to keep the same address.

I think Microsoft is planning to change things in the near future so that you have to pay for a premium account in order to use external mail clients. I'm not sure exactly when they are going to cut things off, but I'm still using Outlook Express to connect to my Hotmail account so it does still work right now...

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: SoulAssassin
Ahhh, I remember mail bombing people in college...

i remember using mail bombing software when i was a kid....aol 2.5..always had so much fun harassing friends with the little kiddie programs from back then

Status
Not open for further replies.