Hotest thing since Gmail For Gmail!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Originally posted by: foolish501
i've stopped using it, as it doesn't support long filenames. wanted to move all my photos onto it, but i ain't going thru 800 photos and renaming them all so they don't have long filenames.

check out Flexible Renamer

lnvisible1

Jun 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Nutcase99
And another better program is http://www.peer2mail.com/ because it doesn't have the stupid 10mb upload limitation.

both programs are very good. i've been using both for a couple days now. the gmail is more subtle and nicely integrated into your file system (all you see is an "extra drive" in windows explorer). peer2mail is much more complex and runs as a separate program, but i like being able to send big files (like photoshop files and minimovies...i can't imagine sending a 700 mb movie :confused: )

foodfightr

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2004
It just sounds like a way to abuse gmail service... For example, a bank can't give everyone- every dollar at the same time. When GMAIL offers one gig of space, they don't actually have one gig per person, but they have data that says different combinations of people will use different combinations of space, not everyone will need the full gig. Tools like this make it much harder for GMAIL to offer thier service so I for one am not abusing this great, FREE email for one lousy gig.

=) Just my rant.

vietpixie

Jan 22, 2003
if anyone wants any gmail invites I have 12 just sittin there :) send me a pm w/email and name (first/last) -- sorry if this is off topic

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
how do you uninstall it? I put in the wrong password and now I can't change it lol.

sleepeeg3

May 25, 2004
Originally posted by: foodfightr
It just sounds like a way to abuse gmail service... For example, a bank can't give everyone- every dollar at the same time. When GMAIL offers one gig of space, they don't actually have one gig per person, but they have data that says different combinations of people will use different combinations of space, not everyone will need the full gig. Tools like this make it much harder for GMAIL to offer thier service so I for one am not abusing this great, FREE email for one lousy gig.

=) Just my rant.
What's great about it except the gig? :p

Swwweet proggies. These will come in handy. Thanks guys!