Hotest thing since Gmail For Gmail!

CanonCam

Oct 15, 2004
Thanks! I wanted gmail for the online storage, without wasting my own bandwidth. :thumbsup:

Vegito

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
works good so far.. too bad i dont have a faster connection for uploading these things.

Maverick2002

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2000
Can it be linked externally? Kind of like a file server? Or is it just for personal online storage? Seems like a great idea for backing up data. Might have to try it out when I get home.

konakona

Diamond Member
May 6, 2004
its been posted on ATOT, but deserves to belong here as well. works like a charm.

NuNuNYC

Jan 6, 2004
What's the file privacy on files uploaded to the server? I heard that GMail was allowed to scan your emails for email spamming research reasons. Are they allowed to do the same to your files for some other lame reason?

cmbehan

Apr 18, 2001
It's pretty slick to play with, but you can't store files over 10mb, so it's usefulness is somewhat limited.

randomlinh

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
linh.wordpress.com
Originally posted by: NuNuNYC
What's the file privacy on files uploaded to the server? I heard that GMail was allowed to scan your emails for email spamming research reasons. Are they allowed to do the same to your files for some other lame reason?

it would be the same. all this does is basically email yourself your file as an attachment, sorta. this probably won't last long I wouldn't think. a lot of people may quickly hit their 1GB limit. Then again, since it's still bound to 10MB, it may not matter.

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Nice something like this was bound to come around, I wonder what google will do about it.

habib89

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
well this woudl be great for people who switch computers often.. ie needing to access like reports at school or work and home or something like that.. i dunno.. this'll be good for me, so i can store all my stuff on a gmail account that my friends can all access

foolish501

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2003
i've stopped using it, as it doesn't support long filenames. wanted to move all my photos onto it, but i ain't going thru 800 photos and renaming them all so they don't have long filenames.

wfn

Feb 14, 2001
welcome to 1.5 months ago, it was slashdotted on aug 29. actually it's in violation of gmail TOS