Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
It says they are new but they only come with a 6 month warranty...hmmmm

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Funny.
I had one in my cart, proceeded to checkout & was told that there were none of the external enclosures & to edit my cart.
Since the external enclosure was only available with the code, I couldn't edit my cart without paying the extra $20.
I called Geeks.com & was told as such...no enclosures...and that the person that does the "secret codes" wasn't in yet to change things & asked if they could call me when it was "fixed". I told them I was getting ready to go to bed.
I checked back on the website just for kicks right before I went to bed & it's now showing OOS on the hard drives. So now I don't know if they're really OOS or if they're preparing a new "secret code" or what. It kinda sounds like they got their heads stuck up one of their orifices.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
umm whats the best 1tb drive thats actually reliable? i check newegg review forthese and doesnt look to good. ;/ been waiting to buy a few 1tb drives but every single one looks all bad.

maybe the re4 drive WD1003FBYX ??

Last edited:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
umm whats the best 1tb drive thats actually reliable? i check newegg review forthese and doesnt look to good. ;/ been waiting to buy a few 1tb drives but every single one looks all bad.

I'm just going to throw this out there...

I've bought many a 1tb-2tb drive and never had issues with any (of many brands), and they get their use too. I realize it's just one persons view vs the 100's you see in feedback, but unfortunately you are correct, they ALL look bad. You pretty much just have to take a chance.

Now I'm going to find a piece of wood to knock on....

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009

don't worry about those reviews.

I have a handful of servers full of RE3's and have zero issues *knock on wood*

probably 20 drives that are beyond their warranty and still going strong

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I had one of those RE3 Enterprise drives based on the suggestions of Anandtech.
Sucker died in less than a month.

But most people get good use out of them, I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.