HOT! Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2 PC Game $6.00

Cheetah8799

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2001
Anyone with a Half Price Books store in their town might want to take a look at their games for sale. Here in St. Paul, MN they are carrying a lot more games at great prices on some recent ones. I just picked up Soldiers: Heroes of World War 2 for $6.00 + tax. I was at the Ford Parkway and Cleveland Ave location. Retail box, never opened. They had a stack of about 10 there.

http://www.codemasters.com/soldiers/index.php

They also had some other sweet deals in the used games. I picked up a slightly used copy of Baldur's Gate 2 Shadows of Amn and the sequal Throne of Bhaal for $3 each.

This is YMMV since they may not have the same deals at all locations.

Spartacus

Dec 31, 2000
Good deal on the game, to bad the game itself is almost impossible to play.

Could be just me though, lol.

Coraanu

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2002
The game is actually quite good for multiplayer on a LAN. The only downside is the StarForce copy protection that either takes forever to load the game or is unreadable by some drives. Way too much work to play game. It sure had a lot of potential though.

Cheetah8799

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2001
The demo was tough, but I liked the overall design, that's why I consider it a hot deal at $6. I wasn't aware of known issues with copy protection and stuff. There are a couple multiplayer upgrades available for download from the official website for anyone interested.

Cheetah8799

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2001
I just wanted to bump this thread since I'm getting more and more into this game. It's really tough at first, just getting used to it. I've played through a few of the first Russian missions and am now having a blast! Anyone who likes tactical combat type games should try this one.

longballmaniac

Oct 11, 2004
i have this game and i played through the single player. i thought it was pretty great actually. the AI isnt that great though, such as when you tell a soldier to defned an area he has a hard time with it. but the best thing about this game is how you can take over control of the soldiers personally. i found it entralling to drive tiger tanks through a level and desimate the opposition. you also get to see and play in tank and other equipment you rarely hear about on the history channel. the physics of the game are pretty neat too considering how it looks to throw a tank grenade and watch it explode to pieces or destroy a building.

i bought this game for 30 when it came out then sold it after i completed it cuz replay wasnt that great. but then i bought it again fgor 6 bucks just so i could go around blowing sh!t up.

Cheetah8799

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2001
Originally posted by: longballmaniac
but then i bought it again fgor 6 bucks just so i could go around blowing sh!t up.

Ya, it's fun blowing stuff up. :) I just finished the Russian missions, the last one you get to use that big missile launcher vehicle (Katyuska?) to bomb the hell out of a bunch of German tanks. That's pretty fun. :)

alrocky

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2001
No Half Price Books anywhere near me. Overstock.com has it for $8.50 and $1.40 shipping. J&R Music and Computer World via Amazon link has it for $9.97. Is this game buggy, interface menu bad, or units hard to control? Is it worth a try for $10?