HOT SAUCE AHHH

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
357 Mad Dog Hot sauce. It's inhumane. Tiny drop=agony for 5 minutes, then more agony when you rub your eye with a hand you didn't wash quite enough. I swear I thought I was gonna go blind. The fire is just dying off now...

Anyone else love hot sauce?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
That style of hot sauce it not meant to be eaten, it's meant to be used to season chili, like one drop per pot. It's a marketing trick, nobody can really eat that stuff on a taco or burrito, it's just a bragging rights thing to lay claim to having the hottest sauce.

FWIW, 357 Mad Dog is about 600,000 Scoville units. Some pepper extracts are in the multi-millions with the largest I've ever seen at 16 million Scovilles.

JonnyBlaze

Diamond Member
May 24, 2001
daves insanity sauce. the illest hot sauce on the planet. one drop and your hurting for a long time!

i love it tho. i mix a drop with franks red hot to make hot wings.

JBlaze

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
I like hot sauce that you can taste, so milder ones like the standard Tabasco. You can use enough that you taste the deliciousness.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: JonnyBlaze
daves insanity sauce. the illest hot sauce on the planet. one drop and your hurting for a long time!

JBlaze

Dave's Insanity is about the limits of what a person can actually eat undiluted. It's something like 75,000 Scoville units and even at that level it's pretty painful. The real killer stuff is 200 times hotter than Dave's.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: GagHalfrunt
That style of hot sauce it not meant to be eaten, it's meant to be used to season chili, like one drop per pot. It's a marketing trick, nobody can really eat that stuff on a taco or burrito, it's just a bragging rights thing to lay claim to having the hottest sauce.

FWIW, 357 Mad Dog is about 600,000 Scoville units. Some pepper extracts are in the multi-millions with the largest I've ever seen at 16 million Scovilles.
It's 357 kScoville. Hence the name.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Dave's Insanity is about the limits of what a person can actually eat undiluted. It's something like 75,000 Scoville units and even at that level it's pretty painful. The real killer stuff is 200 times hotter than Dave's.

Eh? I use ground habenero's rated at 120K Scovilles like salt & pepper on pizza and chilli.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: JonnyBlaze

JBlaze

The real stuff is called Possible Side Effects and is rated at 1 million Scoville units.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
The last time I had hot sauce was at Hooters, I put some on the wings I was going to eat. I took a bite and my mouth felt like it was on fire so I started to inhale real quick to try to cool my mouth down and in the process inhaled a piece of chicken which became lodged in the upper part of my throat. My friends and everybody in the whole restaurant was staring at me trying to cough the chicken up. I finally got it up after about a minute or two of coughing but I could barely talk for the next 4 hours or so. Last time I'll try hot sauce :Q

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Originally posted by: Iron Woode
The real stuff is called Possible Side Effects and is rated at 1 million Scoville units.

The *REAL* stuff.
That's not a retail hotsauce, but thanks for playing.

Actually if you want something tamer with great flavour, I would suggest Cholula which is rated at 3500 scoville units.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42

It's 357 kScoville. Hence the name.

357 has become a brand name rather than a pure heat rating. There are 357 Mad Dog versions that are well under 300,000 Scovilles and one that's 600,000.

HERE'S the killer stuff.