HOT! *DEAD AGAIN; SOLD OUT!* Logitech Wireless Xbox Controller $26.95 FREE SHIPPING

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JBark

Sep 26, 2000
Thanks, been looking for a different wireless controller to try, since the pelican one I have doesn't work so good.

magnux

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2002
23 left. ;) I'm contemplating picking up 2 more, actually.. just to have all 4 ports with wireless controllers. For this price, I might as well. :D

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
may pick some up since I noticed free shipping...usually thats the deal killer for me on this site

Go3iverson

Apr 16, 2000
Anyone know if this will mess around with the signal of a Linksys 54G router, like a 2.4GHz phone will? :) That's the deal maker for me!

magnux

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2002
Originally posted by: YankeezXBA
doesnt work on xbox live

Uh, and why is that? It has provisions for the XBL Communicator Module. I assure you it does work on Xbox Live.

Bristow

Dec 2, 2001
make sure you pick up some recharagable batteries. I can only seem to play this thing once before the batteries run out.

tigerbait

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2001
Originally posted by: gshock888
whats the difference between this and the PRECISION LOGITECH WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLER?

i hope this is good... 25 left now

the precision is based on the new S controller. The other one is the old-style big "Duke" controller.

magnux

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2002
Originally posted by: tigerbait
Originally posted by: gshock888
whats the difference between this and the PRECISION LOGITECH WIRELESS XBOX CONTROLLER?

i hope this is good... 25 left now

the precision is based on the new S controller. The other one is the old-style big "Duke" controller.

Not exactly. The one I ordered is nowhere near the size of a duke controller. I've tried to find differences between the precision and the one being offered by JustDeals. Funny thing is, the one @ JustDeals retails for $69.95, while the Precision retails for $49.99. The only difference I can see, is the ergonomics of it. The Precision looks more budget, while the other doesn't. Also, the start/select locations are different on the two. Below are links for the two, check it out:

Logitech® Cordless Controller for Xbox®

Logitech® Cordless Precision? Controller for Xbox®

gshock888

Banned
Mar 28, 2003
hmm looks like the precision eats 2 AA batteries less each time but the non-precision has a better range. (reported to be 50 from logitech)

methinks precision is the newer model though

nonetheless i ordered one yesterday. this is a good deal... just when i was searching for a wireless controller for my xbox (mainly to use as a remote for my XBMedia Center :D)

magnux

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2002
Originally posted by: LordSnailz
argh .. soooooo tempted to pick this up ...

Day late, dollar short.. they appear to have sold out for the time being. :(

BentValve

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2001
They have some Force Feedback models left but I bet the batteries die quick in those models.

I noticed this is an older model as well. Buy.com has the newer models for $37.XX if you find the coupon floating around.
Buy 2 of them and a game and get $15 cash back from Logitech.

If you were going to buy Halo 2 anyways then this is a good deal.. $76- $15 = $61 shipped for 2 controllers.

magnux

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2002
Originally posted by: BentValve
If you were going to buy Halo 2 anyways then this is a good deal.. $76- $15 = $51 shipped for 2 controllers.

$76 - $15 = $61 :D

Brandon2000

Oct 29, 2000
Not sure what the big deal is about the precision controller, thanks to all the positive feedback, I bought two from buy.com along with NBA 2k5. The controls are terrible, all the buttons are about half a second late. I tried it with the old school big controller that comes with the xbox and the feedback was much better. I thought originally it was a defective one, then I tried the 2nd one and the same thing happened, not recommended...

gshock888

Banned
Mar 28, 2003
i got this non-precision for 22 bucks

thank god for this deal i was about to get this for 50 and lucky i didnt

i know this is refurb, but still there are widespread complaints about the d-pad being super sensitive and flimsy analog stick

dont get me wrong i love the controller without cord (and im sure logitech is better than those other no name brands) but def not worth 50 that they ask for... i will still use my msxbox corded one if i play with others, but to test out my evox, my hacks, my <ahem> "backed up" games, or using my XBMC this controller is def. nice.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Probably Pelican (that's what my Costco had in wireless xbox controllers for $40).