HOT!! Crucial 512MB pc2700 $63.90 shipped

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FiLeZz

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Just a little heads up..

I have ordered this ram 2 differant times..
First time Got crucial..

second time I got what looked to be genaric ram

Techie333

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2001
So what is the conclusion about this memory? Can you get it to around 180mhz on 2-2-2-1T timings?? Is it good enought to OC my Athlon 2100+ to 2900+ levels (2.3ghz?)

FPSguy

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2001
Originally posted by Techie333:

So what is the conclusion about this memory? Can you get it to around 180mhz on 2-2-2-1T timings?? Is it good enought to OC my Athlon 2100+ to 2900+ levels (2.3ghz?)

See my post at the end of the prior page. 2-2-2-1T CAS 2 @ 166MHz, 2.6V. 2-2-2-2T CAS 2.5 @ 180MHz, 2.6V. Maybe you could do better if you increased the voltage more.

PUN

Golden Member
Dec 5, 1999
Cnetpc charges a $10 restocking fee if you want to RMA it, just a little heads up...

Restocking only applies if you want a refund. If you got a crappy ram, just tell them it doesn't work and exchange for another one.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
I ended up calling Crucial and they offered to replace it for me. On their support site, they specifically state they will only RMA the modules bought from them so I didn't even try at first. Talk about great service!

BeastBuy

Oct 28, 2002
My lord, I thought I was getting a good deal at $62.90! Just received mine today, and both are Crucial (at least they got the stickers and the MT markings.) Will run memtest tomorrow night to make sure these puppies behave on my Dimension 4550.

Originally posted by: soogiebro
right now it's $58.00 :D

Anonx38

Apr 1, 2003
NOT HOT. Be vary careful when you order from these guys, I now understand why their previous reseller rating has been low.

Ordered the 512MB Memory, it was not Crucial, but the same generic stuff you get from Pricewatch. So if you don't get Crucial, you're paying $15 more for nothing.

Worse, the stick I got was defective. Called them and they said, "We don't guarantee compatibility," even though I have an Asus A7V333. Tested on my friend's PC and it does not work. Furthermore, they charge you a TESTING fee, AND restocking fee. Not to mention I went through the runaround with tech support (email only), which although fast, they even had me flash my bios before sending me over to RMA. Now, I have never known Asus to have stability issues and all the reviews I've read have been good.

Just a warning.

Johneverd

Sep 18, 2002
Crucial 512MB PC2700 at Newegg is currently $68 delivered, and you have Neweggs great customer service behind it. HERE is the thread on it.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
Originally posted by: Anonx38
NOT HOT. Be vary careful when you order from these guys, I now understand why their previous reseller rating has been low.

Ordered the 512MB Memory, it was not Crucial, but the same generic stuff you get from Pricewatch. So if you don't get Crucial, you're paying $15 more for nothing.

Worse, the stick I got was defective. Called them and they said, "We don't guarantee compatibility," even though I have an Asus A7V333. Tested on my friend's PC and it does not work. Furthermore, they charge you a TESTING fee, AND restocking fee. Not to mention I went through the runaround with tech support (email only), which although fast, they even had me flash my bios before sending me over to RMA. Now, I have never known Asus to have stability issues and all the reviews I've read have been good.

Just a warning.

Thats because you only hear about the good and not the bad. I'd say maybe 90% of the people in this thread are happy. Its unfortunate, but the site does state Micron OEM and not Crucial. Most of use recieved Crucial sticks for some unknown reason. I places 2 seperate orders and on both occasions I recieved Crucial sticks...

pillage2001

Lifer
Sep 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Anonx38

Just a warning.

Just tell them that you have a bad stick and request a new one man.

CentralScrutinizer

Aug 9, 2000
Got mine yesterday from CNetpc. Ordered last Friday, maile dout Monday, received two days later. It is Crucial, with crucial stickers and warranty number, and MT chips.

Works great in my Abit kx7-333. Haven't had the chance to crank up the timings, but, all in all, a great deal.

wetcat007

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2002
Originally posted by: uncJIGGA
WTF?? I just bought that Mwave generic crap @ ~$53 this weekend...I would rather have this though!!!!

AHHH stay away from that stuff, it's nothin but bad news ive seen so much memory from them create horrible problems!!!!

AAjax

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Johneverd
Crucial 512MB PC2700 at Newegg is currently $68 delivered, and you have Neweggs great customer service behind it. HERE is the thread on it.

Dont forget the free t-shirt :)

oddjob303

Feb 20, 2003
Originally posted by: KrayzyAzn
it's at googlegear for $67 shipped via 2 day ups

$66 now. I think I may cancel my order from cnetpc and buy googlegear if they dont ship tommorow. I havent even gotten an email from them confirming my order. My credit card hasnt been charged either.

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000
Ordered 2 sticks on Sunday and received them on Thursday. I'm just sad that it dropped another dollar after I bought them at $58. :p. The sticks I received are Crucial sticks.

JmsAndrsn

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2000
I ordered 2 sticks about a month ago and 2 sticks a week ago and all have been Crucial and have worked without a problem.

mmx

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
just received my 2 crucial sticks.

Running them at 166mhz 5-5-5-2cas

Great stuff.

anjara531

Jun 30, 2002
wetcat007 writes:

AHHH stay away from that stuff, it's nothin but bad news ive seen so much memory from them create horrible problems!!!!

AHHHGH for me, I got emails from them saying my card declined(twice)?! so I called my credit card and there is nothing declined? Wonder what gives?

swNYC

May 19, 2001
FYI: RAM Prices just shot up today at newegg, was gonna order some Kingston DDR333 PC2700 512MB @ $64.90, 10 mins later it went up to $71.