HOT! AMD Kaveri A10-7850K 3.7GHz $129.99 + $40 off any MB + BF4!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Of course....only at your local Microcenter!

AMD A10-7850K Kaveri 3.7GHz Socket FM2+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor AMD Radeon R7 series AD785KXBJABOX $129.99

Plus $40 off any compatible FM2+ motherboard and a free copy of Battlefield 4!

:)

hellfire88

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2003
how does this compare to say, an Intel Core i5-4670K or i7-4770K or even their older Ivy Bridge counterparts? Thanks.

pyjujiop

Mar 17, 2001
CPU performance isn't even close. The IGP on Kaveri blows the Intel one into the weeds, and can actually be used to play games at medium settings, but Intel CPU performance is a lot higher, especially on single-threaded workloads. If you need CPU performance above all else, you'd need to go with something from Intel.

Ayrahvon

Aug 7, 2007
CPU performance isn't even close. The IGP on Kaveri blows the Intel one into the weeds, and can actually be used to play games at medium settings, but Intel CPU performance is a lot higher, especially on single-threaded workloads. If you need CPU performance above all else, you'd need to go with something from Intel.

Intel has had this lead for a few years now. I have the dreaded, often hated AMD FX 6100 with the huge 'bottleneck'. As py here has said, if you need pure performance go Intel. I will say, even with my setup and a modest Geforce GTX 550ti that my machine plays seemingly any game without any issue. Both CPUs and GPUs are so damned good these days that it is my personal opinion that you just go for the best sale prices like this at microcenter. I couldn't resist the $60 FX and free mobo combo two years ago and it has done me well for my needs.

monkeydelmagico

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2011
Nice find Davey. Really want to make a mini itx build with this chip. The mobo choices are limited though. One of these would make a great tiny HTPC. Crossfired with a R7 250/260 and its a tiny budget powerhouse.

Awesomedude99

Dec 1, 2013
Intel has had this lead for a few years now. I have the dreaded, often hated AMD FX 6100 with the huge 'bottleneck
intel.png
'. As py here has said, if you need pure performance go Intel. I will say, even with my setup and a modest Geforce GTX 550ti that my machine plays seemingly any game without any issue. Both CPUs and GPUs are so damned good these days that it is my personal opinion that you just go for the best sale prices like this at microcenter. I couldn't resist the $60 FX and free mobo combo two years ago and it has done me well for my needs.
Yes i agree, intel been there for a while and no doubt about them performance.
that's still a good deal tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.