Hot! 60 gallon air compressor $249 + tax with free ship to store

May 13, 2009
Looking around, it looks to be the equivalent of a $600 compressor with that CFM:

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-profe...&blockType=G18

There are only a few air compressor manufacturers and everyone just slaps their label on and sales them. If you look closely the Morgan looks like the same compressor as the craftsman you've linked.
I purchased the compressor and will probably go ahead and get the 1 year extended warranty for $34. That still gives me a 60 gal compressor with warranty for $285 before tax. Check Lowes, Sears, or HD. $285 gets you a plastic 20-30 gallon oil less piece of junk.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
That is a hot deal OP. I've been looking for a good air compressor and, if it didn't require a 220V hookup, I'd be all over it.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
Last edited:
May 13, 2009
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

Is there a big difference in quality between the Morgan and this Husky unit from Home Depot? Looks to be pretty similar but comes with a 3yr warranty.

No. Pretty similar as far as quality. It'd be $284 with the one year for the Morgan vs $429 for the Husky 3 yr. Personally I'd get the Morgan and still have the money to get me a few accessories like a goodyear 50ft rubber hose and a half inch impact.

mazeroth

Golden Member
Jan 31, 2006
Uhhh..well you might want to compare it to the 30 gallon that I stated. And you might want to click the link...I also corrected my original post to $260.

May 13, 2009
Uhhh..well you might want to compare it to the 30 gallon that I stated. And you might want to click the link...I also corrected my original post to $260.

Must be different prices for different regions? The link you've posted gets me to a black Husky that shows a price of $439.

May 13, 2009
Must be by store. I have my store saved and it comes up to $289 for me too.

Well in that case it's a no brainer. I live near Fort Worth/Dallas and we have tons of construction and what not. I guess we get gouged on power equipment.

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
Well in that case it's a no brainer. I live near Fort Worth/Dallas and we have tons of construction and what not. I guess we get gouged on power equipment.

Thanks for the advice. If I had a nice shop wired for 220V, I would definitely go for the deal in your OP.

beekeeper

Jan 13, 2001
I own this compressor in the Kobalt version. It is an excellent consumer grade compressor. I think it really does put out as much air as it states. I've painted cars before (and I'm not at all good at it), but you could paint a car with this one. The compressor runs smoothly, much better than my old Campbell Hausfeld, which always sounded like it was going to throw a rod, even when it was new.

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
I can't get the promo code to work for the 30 gal one.

How would this one compare to the MAC2400 in terms of noise? I'm in a condo so I need to be wary of sound output. I'll probably end up building an enclosure for whatever compressor I end up getting, but I'd like it to be as quiet as possible to start with.

May 13, 2009
I can't get the promo code to work for the 30 gal one.

How would this one compare to the MAC2400 in terms of noise? I'm in a condo so I need to be wary of sound output. I'll probably end up building an enclosure for whatever compressor I end up getting, but I'd like it to be as quiet as possible to start with.

As far as sound I think it would be similar as both are oil bath. Promo code works still. You just go through most of the process before the $50 off shows up. I would ask what you want to do with the compressor as you've chosen two pretty different types of compressor? The mac is a 4 gallon that would be best suited as a portable job site type compressor used mainly for very low air needs such as nail guns. The 4 gallon capacity is way too low for doing anything more than running nail guns or inflating tires. The Morgan 30 gallon is somewhat portable but you wouldn't want to lug it around with you. At 30 gallons you are getting a compressor capable of running pretty much anything you'd want to do as a homeowner. It will be plenty for running an impact.

Last edited:

Jaepheth

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2006
Well, I was originally looking mainly at maximizing CFM and minimizing sound.
I figured I could get a spare tank to increase the MAC's usefulness.

But I think I'll just go with the 30gal Morgan. Thanks.