Announcement Hospital for surgery starting Nov 9th

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
Glad I just finished lunch!

Your modeling days may be over, but as long as you are on the mends it is all good!
I made it a spoiler in case someone is skidish. Sorry if it made you uncomfortable.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Partly due to technology. Instead of gaping holes that have many stiches, I have 6 "holes that are glued with superglue (thats what they said ).One is on the side, and one on the back that you can't see from here. And the big "hole" was from the original surgery 3 years ago. The only thing that changed there was the stint addition that will come out in 4 weeks. The actual surgery was done by a robot controlled by a surgeon. It was the 4 smaller holes you see here. And the small holes below the belt are shots of Lovenox that I give myself every 12 hours to keep my INR high (blood thinning) until the warfarin is able to keep it high.
Damn, you look like you just came back from a 1990s Suge Knight house party!

;) :p

Reactions: BadThad

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Damn, you look like you just came back from a 1990s Suge Knight house party!

;) :p
Googled that, but its just a person, so not sure what you are comparing the picture to. A lot of damage ??

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Googled that, but its just a person, so not sure what you are comparing the picture to. A lot of damage ??
Suge Knight was highly suspected of putting out hits / being involved in a lot of shootings. Not a good dude at all.

And you look like you have four bullet holes.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Suge Knight was highly suspected of putting out hits / being involved in a lot of shootings. Not a good dude at all.

And you look like you have four bullet holes.
You mean 4 a nd then a shotgun blast ? The huge hole where my bag is.

Anyway, yes, and I feel like I have been through all of that.

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Partly due to technology. Instead of gaping holes that have many stiches, I have 6 "holes that are glued with superglue (thats what they said ).One is on the side, and one on the back that you can't see from here. And the big "hole" was from the original surgery 3 years ago. The only thing that changed there was the stint addition that will come out in 4 weeks. The actual surgery was done by a robot controlled by a surgeon. It was the 4 smaller holes you see here. And the small holes below the belt are shots of Lovenox that I give myself every 12 hours to keep my INR high (blood thinning) until the warfarin is able to keep it high.
[...]
Wow, I can only imagine what you're going through. It's good that the painkiller dose is working OK for you, so you can get through the day. I'm hoping for a healing process free of complications and surprises (only good ones allowed). Get well or at least a little better soon! All the best again!!!

Markfw

May 16, 2002
back in the hospital since last night with an enlarged kidney, its infected, and it hurts.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Damn Mark, I'm really sorry to hear that. It seems like you're really having a rough go of it lately. Wish you the best and hopefully a speedy recovery.

Reactions: Markfw

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Yikes, hope the infection is fought off soon. I know kidney stones/other issues are very painful, I have a friend who gets kidney stones a lot due to genetics. Luckily I have never had them. Hope you are better soon.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Yikes, hope the infection is fought off soon. I know kidney stones/other issues are very painful, I have a friend who gets kidney stones a lot due to genetics. Luckily I have never had them. Hope you are better soon.
Thanks... As this is most likely a 2-3 day stint, I did not double post to mod forum, but if anyone wonders, thats where I am. Posting from my hospital bed.

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
I'm sorry to hear that you're back in the hospital, Mark. Get well soon! :)

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
Welcome home, Mark! We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year without any new health problems. :)

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Welcome home, Mark! We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year without any new health problems. :)
Thanks ! If I could get get over this problem that has been with me for like 4 months.... Life would be so much better.