Announcement Hospital for surgery starting Nov 9th

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
I am going in Tuesday for an operation. Not sure when I will be back. I don't know if I can get back in time to bunker WCG for the 17th birthday challenge, but I have 861 threads running MCM right now, and if the one computer will dump the 9 threads doing OPNG, I will be at 870. Right now those are producing 650k ppd. If I get back in time I may be able to work on bunkering, depending on how I feel. This is kind of a major one, its 7 hours planned. This fixes a problem I have with my conduit for my kidneys, that is diseased. They did not use the word cancer, so I hope its not, but its right next to the tissue that was cancerous that was removed 3 years ago.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
And thanks to all the well-wishers. I won't be able to respond soon, so this applies to anybody above or below this post... :)

Reactions: DisEnchantment

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Hope to see you back good as new soon!

If not at least have them give you some good pain meds!

Get Well!

Reactions: Markfw

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Yeah, all the best wishes from me too! I really hope that they are able to fix this for good, so you have at least one thing less to constantly cause you additional issues and pain. 7h is definitely a big one. But it's great that it was finally possible to schedule this. I'm wishing for no further complications, be it before, during or after surgery! Like everybody else, I hope to have you back here as soon as possible! But take as much time off as you need to regain your strength.

AshlayW

Sep 6, 2018
www.eridonia-archives.com
Hey Mark, just wanted to say, I wish you the best, and hope everything goes smoothly and you recover perfectly! Positive mental attitude is huge for overcoming physical illness, so stay positive <3 I've just started coming back to WCG/FAH for the TeAm literally today and I logged in to say I was contributing after a month break, and saw this thread :(

Stay positive and determined and you can overcome anything mate! Best wishes x

Skivelitis2

Jan 1, 2021
Glad to hear you're doing so well Mark! To be home so quickly after a surgery of that duration is remarkable.

Markfw

May 16, 2002
Glad to hear you're doing so well Mark! To be home so quickly after a surgery of that duration is remarkable.
Partly due to technology. Instead of gaping holes that have many stiches, I have 6 "holes that are glued with superglue (thats what they said ).One is on the side, and one on the back that you can't see from here. And the big "hole" was from the original surgery 3 years ago. The only thing that changed there was the stint addition that will come out in 4 weeks. The actual surgery was done by a robot controlled by a surgeon. It was the 4 smaller holes you see here. And the small holes below the belt are shots of Lovenox that I give myself every 12 hours to keep my INR high (blood thinning) until the warfarin is able to keep it high.
20211113_120559[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BadThad

cellarnoise

Mar 22, 2017
Glad I just finished lunch!

Your modeling days may be over, but as long as you are on the mends it is all good!