Question Horizontal case for TV gaming large enough for a 3090 card.

gozulin

Dec 21, 2004
My entertainment center has a 18 x 17 x 11 inches (45 x 43 x 28 cm) space I can use for a gaming PC.

I currently have a fractal design microATX case which has served me well for 5 years (980Ti / 1070). I don't think it will be able to handle a 3090, however.

Time to upgrade to a bigger, horizontal case.

The Cooler Master HAF XB EVO would work but it is 2 inches too high (13") according to specs so it's a no go.
shopping

Reqs:

* $300 max
* Can fit into the dimensions outlined earlier (obviously)
* Can fit a big-ass 3090 GPU card
* Doesn't look like absolute shit (willing to compromise on this one)
* A USB-C port in the front would be a plus.
* friendly to water-cooling is a plus
* Unobstructed air vents can be located to the front, back, and right (or left) side depending on which side of the entertainment center I put the PC.
* Supports large, quiet fans (120mm+)

I do not plan on using an optical drive of any kind, nor a 3.5" HDD. I only need space for two 2.5" SSDs. I will not be using wired headphones.

I've read about people using discrete fan controllers. In 2015 this wasn't a thing (ok maybe it was, who knows). Is that something I should look into?

The PC will be plugged to my HDMI 2.1 TV

Any advice would be much apreesh.

damian101

Aug 11, 2020
The SilverStone Grandia GD09-C and the Nanoxia Project S Midi both fit your descriptions, they even both got a front panel USB-C port. Don't know how good they are for mounting radiators though. The SilverStone case can fit a full ATX motherboard, the Nanoxia one only µATX.
I personally wouldn't bother with a discrete fan controller, especially not for such a small build. Virtually all recent consumer motherboards allow you to not only set fan speed but also detailed fan curves in the UEFI settings.

gozulin

Dec 21, 2004
The SilverStone Grandia GD09-C and the Nanoxia Project S Midi both fit your descriptions, they even both got a front panel USB-C port. Don't know how good they are for mounting radiators though. The SilverStone case can fit a full ATX motherboard, the Nanoxia one only µATX.
I personally wouldn't bother with a discrete fan controller, especially not for such a small build. Virtually all recent consumer motherboards allow you to not only set fan speed but also detailed fan curves in the UEFI settings.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Unfortunately, neither of those have air vents in the front. They have air vents on the left and right side so I would have to position them sideways in the entertainment center for proper airflow.

damian101

Aug 11, 2020
Yeah, forgot about that. The Nanoxi Project S Midi actually does have a place for a 120mm fan in the front though.
I don't know of any other cases that can fit a large fan in the front, but the SilverStone Grandia GD07B and SilverStone Grandia GD08B both have place for two 120mm fans in the bottom.

Reactions: lnanek

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
Silverstone Sugo14
not actually for sale yet, no front vents, ports are on the top, and limited to mitx boards, but looks like it will fit in your entertainment center and can fit a 3090?

otherwise you might have to go with a sideways small midtower case.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2009
Being a little cynical here, but build a four sided box out of wood and then design and 3D print front and back panels, and a platform form the mobo to mount to for what you want. Seriously, the computing world and the consumer electronics world seldom get along and continue to not believe anyone would want a computer in the living room. BTW, Lins TT just recently managed to get a small case to house both a liquid cooling system and a 3090 in dimensions VERY close to your limitations. I bet modifying the front panel to add a grill would be easy.