Hooking up Uverse gateway to blueray to stream netflix

jackhandsome

Nov 26, 2013
I have a Sony BDP-S380 blue ray player which is "wifi ready" and requires sonys special usb wireless adapter to get it on the net. I do not have said usb dongle but do have an old ATT U-verse router model #526AC FXN. The blue ray player does however have an ethernet port. I am running Time Warner for internet with their wireless router. I am wondering how I could hook the u-verse router up to the blue ray player via ethernet and get it on the internet in order to stream Netflix without having to buy the Sony usb dongle. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
I don't think you'll be able to use that Pace 5268AC router as a Wireless Access Point. In fact, considering it is a modem/router combo, I know you won't be able to.

AnonymouseUser

Diamond Member
May 14, 2003
I just remembered that I do actually have an ASUS RT-N10+ router. Could I use that possibly?

The factory firmware does not support the desired configuration, but it can be flashed with DD-WRT which does support Wireless Bridge Mode. The question is whether you are comfortable flashing DD-WRT onto the Asus router, and whether that router (N 150) would support the internet speeds you will need.

I used the DD-WRT Wireless Bridge Mode for years on an Airlink101 router, and it worked great.

Standard_bridge_large.jpg

jackhandsome

Nov 26, 2013
I will do that. I think Netflix only requires 5mbps down to supply hd streaming. Thank you for your response.

jackhandsome

Nov 26, 2013
I actually logged into my Asus router and I had evidently already flashed it with the dd-wrt before. I put it in AP mode and saved the changes. I did this all at work and am fixing to take it home. So I assume I would just have a cat5 running out of any of the 4 ports and then the other end to the blue ray player and it should act as a usb wireless adapter would?

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
This is pretty simple. So long as the ASUS RT-N10+ gets internet somehow it will feed that to the Sony through the LAN cable.