Honesty please, Are overweight people (women) undesireable?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< i doubt that man. >>

he's not sh*tting you. just wait til you hit 25...its all downhill from there. you won't be able to eat fast food, do no situps, and keep a six pack, i can guarantee you that. :p

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999

<< in general they are easier. >>

That's what you think. I'm overweight. I guess being a virgin at 25 is being easy? I tend to think not.

Some people have health problems that add to their disposition to gain weight. When I was younger I was very thin. Then, at age 18 I found out I had a brain tumor. After that I had radiation. After radiation I had NO energy. Most people would tend to think you'd lose weight. Well, I didn't. I gained a lot of weight since radiation. Then, I had knee surgery and my gallbladder out in April. (Yes, I'm a decrepit old woman. EEKKK!! :p ) I am still me no matter what size I am. And actually, I'm more outgoing now than I ever was. Sure, I want to lose weight. I'm trying and have successfully lost some and I've joined a gym. (Now if I could get over my cold and start going. UGH :| )

Just realize that when you see someone overweight it doesn't automatically mean they are lazy or don't take care of themselves. I know someone who was about a size 3 and because of thyroid problems has gained a lot of weight too. She is a VERY active person. I just think that people need to think about what they say before they say it. Even me. I've been known to make snap judgements and that's wrong too.

Just my $.02

nukee

May 3, 2001
I personally like a rounder, softer woman. Especially one who is round from a little muscle. I don't like pointy, bony women. They do not excite me in the least. For me, too big is better than too skinny.

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
it depends how overweight they are. if it's just a normal amount of overweight it doesn't make a difference to me long-term b/c I really don't notice that stuff as much. But if it's so much overweight that you cannot talk to the person without thinking about it, it will get in the way.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think Noriaki has the right idea, its whats inside that counts. My GF is a little overweight but its better than one of those skinny chicks you always see on TV.

jeweleeann

Jun 11, 2001

<< Just realize that when you see someone overweight it doesn't automatically mean they are lazy or don't take care of themselves......I just think that people need to think about what they say before they say it. >>

Couldn't have said it better myself. ;)

bluemax

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2000
Further point, a female friend of mine is pregnant but it just looks like she's overwieght. (Baby's riding a bit funny...) She actually had a couple rude SOB's make fun of her being fat. She was too hurt to snap back that she was 8 months pregnant. :|

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

<< 25, bah, Im 20 now, people say i look like 16, so, itll prob be at least 30 :) >>

HA! You sound JUST like I did at your age. I used to have an extremely low % of body fat. At 25, I started getting very faint love handles. At thirty, a gut started to appear. Now, at 33, I need to run or bike daily to keep from growing huge love handles and a gut, which looks ridiculous on me, because that's the only place I gain weight.

Oh, BTW, at 20, I looked 16 or 17. At 25 I looked 20. At 30 I looked 25. But at 33 I look about my age. All that aging hit me at once for some reason. It was probably all that smoking and drinking I did in my 20s :D

tkim

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2000
different people prefer different things. i lke skinny girls. i know a guy that likes girls thick. to each his own.

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
I would say it depends on how overweight... obese... yes that is unattractive to almost everyone.. but attractiveness on the outside isnt the only definition of attractive.

I'm actively making an effort to lower my standards of who I am attracted to... I used to be able to find the beauty in alot more people... but ever since I had my supermodel class girlfriend my standards have been too high...

-Max

Doboji

Diamond Member
May 18, 2001
Cooltech... I hate you... you rat bastard... roast in hell ;)

I'm 22.. I eat pretty well.. I try and stay away from the fast food.. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week... and if I SMELL Ice Cream I gain 5 pounds... some people are just blessed...

On the other hand I also gain muscle no problem... and can lift medium sized automobiles:)

-Max

Elita1

Golden Member
Nov 17, 2000
My mother once told me that A woman will fall in love through her ears (what she hears a man say) and that a man falls in love through his eyes (how appealing a woman is to him). But that it takes a rare and wonderful kind of man to see beyond that and fall in love despite the lack of beauty.
Perhaps that's why a woman can love an ugly guy but a guy would have trouble falling in love with an ugly girl. Unless he can move past it, which to my mind would make him a winner:)
Bah, I probably don't make much sense.
But there are guys out there(somewhere) who look for inner beauty more so than outer loveliness.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
To me, it's all about the woman's attitude. If the woman thinks she's sexy and acts confident, it makes a big difference.

Severely, GROSSLY overweight, (maybe 300+), is kindof a turnoff.

amish

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Elita, see that's what I've heard too. But inasmuch as my experience goes through college, I'd have to say it's not correct. So do women go through some transformation after college when they realize the real winners in life (such as myself :)) and try to snatch them up? Or is it all a propaganda campaign started by married people to antagonize single guys?

kxy

Jan 27, 2001
We need a clear definition of overweight and undesirable; before we can discuss this further. For some overweight will be over 200lbs, for some overweight will be above 300lbs, go figure.

linuxboy

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
depends on one's cultural bias (or lack of it).

Weight comes and goes, so does one's concept of beauty. What stays is the goodness inside. If that's present, everything pales in comparison.

Electricice

Jan 25, 2001
yup, by some people. im am a very skinny peson and so to me its a yes. i am also shot so tal skinny poeple are also seen the same way.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999

<< depends on one's cultural bias (or lack of it).

Weight comes and goes, so does one's concept of beauty. What stays is the goodness inside. If that's present, everything pales in comparison.
>>

I like how you said that. :)

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Just realize that when you see someone overweight it doesn't automatically mean they are lazy or don't take care of themselves......I just think that people need to think about what they say before they say it. >>

yeah, totally...but 90% of them actually are lazy and don't take care of themselves. my metabolism is slow as hell, and like someone else said...if i sniff sugar, i'll gain a few pounds. i haven't had 1 gram of sugar in a year. some people just have to make some sacrifices to stay at a normal weight. and the sad fact is, not many have the motivation to change it :frown:
i can guarantee if almost ANY overweight person gave up stuff such as sugar, refined carbohydrates, and saturated fats, and stopped eating after 5pm, and walked a mile per day.. they would lose the weight, NO QUESTION.

Emulex

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2001
i guarantee you that 99% of overweight girls could become &quot;not-overweight&quot; if they walked 5 miles per day. Thats what, maybe an hour and little more. Every day..

Do that for 6 months, and get back to me.

Hell i knew a chubby chick she lost 105lbs' with slimfast diet (really!!) over a period of 7 months. She looked just like molly ringwald afterwards, slim, and much happier..

For most girls, its a choice, a choice to sit around, or to push your body. Guys have it a lot easier, but let me tell you once you near that big 3-O you better start on the same regimen.

nomahe

Banned
May 21, 2001

<< Weight comes and goes, so does one's concept of beauty >>

Fat is never beautiful. Fat is only for all you lazy people. There is no excuse for being fat except that you don't care about your body.