@Home users---> Are you still having issues with the DNS servers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001
at first i flushed my DNS cache and that worked, but then problems still happend from time to time, it was annoying to keep on flushing the cache...so now i'm pointing to my work's DNS and all is fine :D

mrchan

Diamond Member
May 18, 2000
i dunno if this will help anyone, but @home , at least in the bay area, doesnt use static IPs anymore, thats why my router with its configured IP didn't work for a week after everyone else got their connection back. had to remove the settings =P

j0lly

Platinum Member
Jul 30, 2001
The problems starts again. I am again configuring my DNS manually. Ipconfig shows that I am on the attbi network but oddly enough the default DNS just won't work.

....sigh....

Anyone else *still* having problems?

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
This is pretty strange, one of my coworkes had DNS troubles from day one, I on the other hand have NEVER had any troubles. I read the DNS numbers out of my SMC router, and pluged them into the DNS servers on each of my systems. Not sure where the Barricade came up with the numbers but they sure are working.

if anybody else want to try them.

Barnaby W. Füi

Elite Member
Aug 14, 2001
in iowa on mediacom@home, i have had zero(0) problems.

today though, i was out for a bit, first i could ping my gateway but not my dns servers...then the gateway disappeared.....hour or two later it was working again...but i dont know if it was in relation to the excite@home fiasco....cable does got out for other reasons.

i gotta call them up and get a credit...i dont like being charged for an unreliable connection

and it was RIGHT when i had reinstalled win2k so i was downloading important stuff....it just had to wait

all is good now :D