Home Owner Shoots Intruder - Ends Up Shot Dead By Police

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
The Police shouldn't be rushing into an unknown situation, the outcome is always negative. Most police aren't trained in swat techniques and should just remain in their cruisers. Every homeowner should have a gun to protect their life and property.

I fear the police more today then the crooks.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
The Police shouldn't be rushing into an unknown situation, the outcome is always negative. Most police aren't trained in swat techniques and should just remain in their cruisers. Every homeowner should have a gun to protect their life and property.

I fear the police more today then the crooks.

Simple solution for you and your type then-just don't call the police. It is shameful to piss on them because they are in fact risking their lives to help strangers, but if that is the type of person you are, so be it.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
Simple solution for you and your type then-just don't call the police. It is shameful to piss on them because they are in fact risking their lives to help strangers, but if that is the type of person you are, so be it.

The sad thing the homeowner didn't call the police....I believe it was a neighbor.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
The sad thing the homeowner didn't call the police....I believe it was a neighbor.
So did you "like" my comment because you're all in for arming infants?

In case it's not clear I'm all for taking guns out of civilians hands all together.

The man was trying to protect his home and his family. He failed.

I'm certainly not a never-blame-the-cops kinda chick but I believe it would go a long way (as it does in other countries) if cops could feel some certainty that assholes most of the time won't have guns. I'm not silly enough to think they can ever go away entirely but I think it's possible the U.S. could lower its gun deaths significantly if 2Aers would stop being such pussy ass, fearful, paranoid bithes. Oh, and so fu*king stupid. That would help a great deal as well if they aspired to reject their own stupidity.

I don't think the old man deserved to die but the cops saw a gun, signalling danger to themselves and others. That's just the gamble fu*king imbecilic gun heads take. Seriously, they were just good guys with guns or at least the last ones standing any way.

Reactions: Thump553

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Stupid questions - but I mean if I just shot a guy I would be pretty cautious. When I say pretty cautious, I mean that I would be constantly on the phone with 911 to give them updates on my status and the status of what occurred until the police have arrived - not continuing to freely roam around the house with gun in hand, no?

Have you been in such a situation and/or trained to do so? Even so, I don't think training ever really prepares you for it until you experience it...probably a few times. No one can predict or assume a completely lucid awareness of all of their supposed responsibilities in such a situation.

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
Have you been in such a situation and/or trained to do so? Even so, I don't think training ever really prepares you for it until you experience it...probably a few times. No one can predict or assume a completely lucid awareness of all of their supposed responsibilities in such a situation.
My husband and I occasionally have a dark sense of humor. We were discussing these people who are so confident they would be in full control of their mental state after being threatened and shooting someone.

We've determined (again dark humor) that the only way for anyone to aid themselves in securing a specific reaction to such is to practice. Shoot humans until you feel nothing so if a real reason to shoot someone arises they will handle themselves perfectly and avoid being shot or going to jail. I don't know if we're on to something here or not but it does seem to be the safest and only way for "responsible" gun head idiots to know for sure. But only if they take responsibility as seriously as they like to say they do of course.

Here's to no one thinking this is a brilliant idea.

13Gigatons

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
So did you "like" my comment because you're all in for arming infants?

In case it's not clear I'm all for taking guns out of civilians hands all together.

The man was trying to protect his home and his family. He failed.

I liked your comment cause it was funny. However the Police just have a terrible habit of shooting anything that moves. It's beyond an epidemic. If Police are too scared to do their jobs they should be washed out.

PS: He did succeed in protecting his family, he shot an intruder who was assaulting his family.....the Police failed again.

Aurora Police Chief Nick Metz said he met with about 10 members of Black's family earlier Thursday. He said it's obvious Richard "Gary" Black saved the life of his grandson and protected other members of his family prior to getting shot by an Aurora officer.

https://kdvr.com/2018/08/02/aurora-...after-officer-fatally-shoots-armed-homeowner/

Last edited:

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Yes... Working toward good guys with guns killing everyone. It's their patriotic duty and their God Given Right!

We need the robot sentries from Aliens. Let the cops deal with those.

406bba99915a8a5c45d5fceda194f864.jpg

latest

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
the issue was the resident was black. if he was white his odds of surivival would have increased tenfold.
So perhaps your thought process on these matters need a bit of modification? I kind of giggle when I see people like you get a pass like you just did with this comment.
Do you ever notice the embarrassment you should feel in times like these, or do you just shrug your shoulders and mumble under your breath; next time, next time I'll guess right...

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
LOL!

So awesome that you can predict exactly how unaffected you will be once you've shot a living human being. How very cool and collected you will be. How extremely compliant you will be. That you won't for a second lose touch with your rational mind. That you'll have the foresight to make not one single misstep. That your family after such a traumatic experience will also be able to hold firm to rational thought and reaction.

Please tell me you make your money as a medium.
Do you have to work really hard to come up with random bullshit to post or is it always just floating around in that little head of yours, and use this place as a dumping ground for stupid shit you can't say IRL? Take it from someone who has been shot, and shot back at someone it's not as scary as TV makes it out to be. Not everyone is a delicate as you seem to be.

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
Actually I literally read the story too fast, and thought the guy's last name was his race. If the guy's last name was Smith I wouldn't have posted.

However my point still stands in general. Maybe you can answer the question I posed to Speedy. If your life's savings depended upon it...
But wait, your condemning a cop for doing EXACTLY what your asking of someone else, make a binary decision on the spot about their life not just some cash. Are you incapable of any sort of critical thinking?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
So perhaps your thought process on these matters need a bit of modification? I kind of giggle when I see people like you get a pass like you just did with this comment.
Do you ever notice the embarrassment you should feel in times like these, or do you just shrug your shoulders and mumble under your breath; next time, next time I'll guess right...

Perhaps you should read the thread. I skimmed the article quickly and saw his name Black and thought it referenced his race. It was a pretty honest mistake done in haste. So I am embarrassed about nothing. If his name was Smith I never would have posted.

The only one mumbling here is your stupid ass.

That being said my point stands. If you had to choose in a situation like this with the police arriving at your door would you rather be white holding a gun or black?

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
Perhaps you should read the thread. I skimmed the article quickly and saw his name Black and thought it referenced his race. It was a pretty honest mistake done in haste. So I am embarrassed about nothing. If his name was Smith I never would have posted.

The only one mumbling here is your stupid ass.

That being said my point stands. If you had to choose in a situation like this with the police arriving at your door would you rather be white holding a gun or black?
So your doubling down on stupid! You claim that if his name was Smith you would not have posted but then say the exact thing your claiming not to have said in your OP. Perhaps YOU should re-read your post. Again, your mumbling under your breath; next time, next time I'll be right...