HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
It would have been cataclysmic. I can say this because there is absolutely no way to refute or otherwise argue against any point for which the basis of which has not happened.

A complete and utter disaster, raping, looting, property damage and thousands dead. The US Customs and Border Protection would have let Canadians in to protest for men as well.

No, it would, like I said, not be as peaceful. It's quite amazing how so many got together and not a damned thing blew up.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Its a start not an end. They said the same thing about these protests...

Tea Party
Vietnam
Civil Rghts

I haven't seen them since the first day. Looks like it ended to me.Much like the 99%ers.

What exactly do they want? ( other than attention )

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Its a start not an end. They said the same thing about these protests...

Tea Party
Vietnam
Civil Rghts

Well it's not even a start.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/23/51126...nizer-we-are-committed-to-fighting-for-change

She was interviewed, had no specific issues, no specific agenda. Moreover, she wants it to be about YOUR specific issue, and to just like talk to your local politicians and tell them how you feel. Cool.

SHAPIRO: But give us a preview. I mean, you've announced there'll be 10 actions in a hundred days. Specifically, what's the next step?

INGRAM: Well, I don't want to get out ahead of myself. And - since you've seen the website, you know that we have postcards that we are sending out to elected officials. And we're encouraging people to march on and to continue to advocate for whatever your issue is.

SHAPIRO: Ultimately, how will you measure whether this movement has been successful or not?

INGRAM: Well, I think it definitely is about engagement. I think we've clearly made history. And so that in and of itself, there's a place in the history books where this effort will be noted. But I think for all of us, we are committed to ensuring that that's just not the end of it - that there is some actual substantive change, that we move the ball for all of the people that we march for, whether it's our mothers, our grandmothers, our daughters, our sisters, our friends or the little girls that we don't even know yet. But we know we want to see a better future for them than the one that we're currently living in.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
" And we're encouraging people to march on and to continue to advocate for whatever your issue is. "

Like I said pissing in the pool. LOL

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Herp a derp, protesters marched and dressed up and wore funny hats, herp a derp!

#StrongmanTrumpIsMyDaddy

protesters-talk-with-each-other-on-capitol-hill-during-the-tea-party-picture-id90625324

MTM2NjQ0ODk5NjUzOTUzMTE5.jpg

Reactions: DarthKyrie

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
I guess you hippies missed it in 2009 when, 2 days after Obama's Inaguration, the Right to Life protests / marches started.

There were millions world wide.

Mainstream media reaction? See 2nd video and learn something about the origin of "Fake News".

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
I guess you hippies missed it in 2009 when, 2 days after Obama's Inaguration, the Right to Life protests / marches started.

Mainstream media reaction? See 2nd video and learn something about the origin of "Fake News".

Bit of a difference in the circumstances.

In 1987, approximately 5,000 participated, despite a snowstorm.[13]

In 1995, which is the last year that the National Park Service made an official estimate of attendance, 45,000 attended, compared to 35,000 in 1994.[14]

Students from the University of Notre Dame
From 2003 to 2009, the March for Life brought in around 250,000 attendees each year.[citation needed] According to organizers, the 2011's event was attended by 400,000.[3][5][15][16] The 2013 March for Life drew an estimated 650,000 people.[4][disputeddiscuss] However, both NPR and The New York Times reported an estimated "tens of thousands" at the 2013 event.[17][18] Organizers of the event have not disclosed how they measure the attendance.

In 2016, the march had proceeded despite a blizzard that dropped 24 inches of snow in D.C., with attendees "appeared to be in the thousands".[19]

Many teenagers and college students attend the march each year, typically traveling with church/youth groups. The Washington Post columnist Robert McCartney estimated that about half of the marchers are under age 30

Seems teenagers and college students would fit your idea of "hippies" more than current turnouts in the Womens March.

Sounds like a church organized field day.

Last edited:

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
shady28 has really been turning out to be a real sad sorry soulless husk now hasnt he?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
LFZmOsK.jpg

This person has it right... there might not have been a need for this march if "Do Anything for Hillary" Wasserman Shill didn't put her finger on the scale and pull off shens during the primary.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

You talkin' about the March for Life that's been happening every year since 1974, and normally takes place on January 22nd, two days after inauguration?

Hint: rhetorical question, I know you are.