Holy Crap! One expensive Camaro

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Ronstang
Originally posted by: Josh
THE CAR PRODUCED 515 HP AND 498 FT-LBS OF TORQUE AT THE REAR WHEELS THRU THE EXHAUST SYSTEM.

not bad at all..
BIG FRICKEN DEAL!!!!!!!! I built a 1993 Mustang that made 505HP and 512 ft-lbs of TQ at the rear wheels and it only weighed 3100lbs and with the initial purchase price of the car factored in it cost less than $25K.

But did your Mustang deliver that power to the rear wheels through the exhaust?

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
Heck, I bet I could give my 1987 Toyotal Corolla 515 HP for a fraction of that price (and probably get better gas milage too ;) )

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Ronstang
THE CAR PRODUCED 515 HP AND 498 FT-LBS OF TORQUE AT THE REAR WHEELS THRU THE EXHAUST SYSTEM.

not bad at all..
BIG FRICKEN DEAL!!!!!!!! I built a 1993 Mustang that made 505HP and 512 ft-lbs of TQ at the rear wheels and it only weighed 3100lbs and with the initial purchase price of the car factored in it cost less than $25K.

But did your Mustang deliver that power to the rear wheels through the exhaust?
It most certainly did.....and it was street legal and quite driveable.

NewSc2

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by: dman
14K is a bit low, imo, you are more in this category....

Although, the bid price so far seems crazy too. Maybe 50-70K and even then I'd rather have a slower 'vette. Or a bit more for a Viper, or a Porshe 911. Because in the end that's still a Camaro. And I own a Camaro (same as this onei, but in white, like this one so I'm biased towards liking them. 113K though that's just crazy. And it's not even a 'factory' car, it's been modifed by a custom shop so it's not really collectable in the same scale as the COPO that they refer too... at least I'm pretty sure that the copo's were factory spec'd, maybe I'm wrong there. Don't care, it's still too much! :D

That said, I bet it would be FUN (and scary as hell) to drive, and I would love to validate that.

Did the ATOT effect overload the guy's bandwidth? No pictures can be seen~

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I think this guy accidentally confused "2002 ZL1" with "1969 ZL1", because the '69 is the only Camaro worth this kind of dough...period. Don't consider the modifications to this car. Consider what other supercars out there you can get for this money, and this guy thinks he is in the same league as them? Umm... I don't think so. This car is nothing more than a modified 2002 F-body, and there is nothing special about that, beyond the price of the modifications.

IamElectro

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2003
Even if I had the money to waste it would be hard on that car. Its just a hopped up camaro.

I would rather buy this and have some cash left

Cool ride

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Waaay overpriced. The basic car is cheap crap a rattle trap, extremly loud with no sound insulation. So you're paying 113K for a motor.

Collectors items
rolleye.gif

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

not bad at all..

the original ZL1 produced those numbers. If you look in the last picture, it has the specs. 600HP, 575lbft, 12.0:1 compression

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Geeze, people make it sound like Trog dragging a club is a BAD thing.

AC Cobra: nothing special.
Shelby 289 Cobra: Perfect.
Shelby 427 Cobra: Even more perfect.
Shelby twin supercharged Cobra: Perfection taken to whole new levels. (one of the two ate the bottom of a cliff though)

Banks Sidewinder project truck: a 735HP, 1400LB/ft of torque diesel, shoved into a Dakota, kept streetable, got 21MPG, and did over 220MPH at Bonneville. They towed thier gear to the track, and towed it home. Something a Ferrari Enzo can't top.

Edit: typo.