Holy crap Nyquil taste like crap...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
I love the taste of red nyquil!!! Its awesome and it really does help you rest and feel better the next day. I go through that stuff real fast during cold and flu season :D

thelanx

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2000
<--Even though I feel great, i'm still going to drink this medicine. -->
It has 10% alcohol... ;)

<edit>the 10% alcohol was already mentioned. Sorry for being redundant. If you don't want to be drowsy, take DayQuil.</edit>

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
heck but it works, i woke up one night last week, for like 5 mins couldn't remember who i was or where.. and killer ache. Then I realized like one whole side of my head had clogged up with congestion, so much so that my head was leaning to that side, took some nyquil and blew my nose for 20 mins, then went to sleep.

And dayquil, you can feel that stuff like run thru your head.

Emos

Golden Member
Oct 27, 2000
I must be the only person I know of that doesn't gag at the taste of Pepto-Bismol! Probably the most evil-tasting stuff I've ever had was a Barium &quot;shake&quot; that I had to drink prior to an upper GI scan :disgust:

Cntower

Feb 13, 2017
Even though I feel great, i'm still going to drink this medicine. Can't afford being sick on finals week. Anyways, I have the green Original Flavor for Cold/Flu relief. In the bottle it looks like regular liquid, like dimatap or Robitusssen. Well, Once you drink it, it is thick as hell and made me gag like 5 times...but I love the drwosy effect ;):D
Ikr the drowsy effect does taste good, I got a good night sleep
Also I dint look at my phone

- 16 Years ago

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I always liked the taste of it, it's kinda strong but yet tasty. I find it can help a lot with the throat specifically, like if you can't stop caughing.

The drowsy effect of drugs has never affected me though. If I'm not tired, nothing can make me tired.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
LOL the ignorance of the OP....

Many things people just make me shake my head at. Nyquil doesn't prevent you from getting sick nor help you get over from being sick. It just helps suppress a few of the rougher symptoms as well as provide a sleeping agent to help you sleep. Basically it allows you to get rest so your body can heal itself during sleep better when you are otherwise incapable of getting rest otherwise. If you can sleep fine even while sick, taking Nyquil is NOT recommended. The side effects of the drug in some cases can be worse than the symptoms of the actual illness you may be afflicted with.

Other stupid things that still bother me when I hear people spout off other stupid wives tales are as follows:

Vitamins don't prevent you from getting sick at all. Mega dosing on shit like vitamin C doesn't do anything to prevent illness and in many recent studies has shown to have a strong correlation to some cancer formations instead.

Being cold, or outside in the cold or rain won't make you sick regardless. Just because the weather is bad outside doesn't mean you are going to get sick because of that.

Only bacteria/virus exposure makes a person sick. Want to minimize your chances of getting sick? Wash your hands and prepare your own meals. Doing those two things goes a very long way to preventing most common illnesses compared to anything else.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
LOL the ignorance of the OP....

Many things people just make me shake my head at. Nyquil doesn't prevent you from getting sick nor help you get over from being sick. It just helps suppress a few of the rougher symptoms as well as provide a sleeping agent to help you sleep. Basically it allows you to get rest so your body can heal itself during sleep better when you are otherwise incapable of getting rest otherwise. If you can sleep fine even while sick, taking Nyquil is NOT recommended. The side effects of the drug in some cases can be worse than the symptoms of the actual illness you may be afflicted with.

Other stupid things that still bother me when I hear people spout off other stupid wives tales are as follows:

Vitamins don't prevent you from getting sick at all. Mega dosing on shit like vitamin C doesn't do anything to prevent illness and in many recent studies has shown to have a strong correlation to some cancer formations instead.

Being cold, or outside in the cold or rain won't make you sick regardless. Just because the weather is bad outside doesn't mean you are going to get sick because of that.

Only bacteria/virus exposure makes a person sick. Want to minimize your chances of getting sick? Wash your hands and prepare your own meals. Doing those two things goes a very long way to preventing most common illnesses compared to anything else.

At some point, someone's gonna bump a post so old with a 'lol at ignorance' response that will be relevant, because the data didn't exist when the OP was made. This one's pretty close (16 years).

Dts888

Feb 13, 2019
At some point, someone's gonna bump a post so old with a 'lol at ignorance' response that will be relevant, because the data didn't exist when the OP was made. This one's pretty close (16 years).
Man. This is an old thread... I found this thread randomly looking to see if anyone could describe the awful taste of NyQuil. These people started posting on this thread when I was born (2000). 18 and 19 years later, I wonder where these people are? If they have families, or how old they were when they started this. It’s weird to think that these people who posted this don’t remember posting it. You yourself may have forgotten only after 2 years. It makes me feel weird seeing how fast time flies, and that we are reading peoples conversations about NyQuil from almost a decade ago. I wonder if these people still have the same email?

Reactions: brianmanahan

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Nyquil tastes no better and no worse than anything else that will get you drunk.