HOLY BIZZLE EARTHQUAKE

Feb 19, 2001
Wow, it was a huge earthquake, but my gf in the East Bay didn't feel the quake as badly.

Edit: Work is at Southeast SJ. My mom didn't feel crap in Cupertino. Shrug. Damnit. Even my gf said "TWSS" when she saw this.

Ok, I guess I'm 11 miles away from it so that's why it seemed like a lot of shaking to me. Heh.

TuxDave

Lifer
Oct 8, 2002
lol, I was like "who the f' is shaking my desk.... and cube walls.. and... ok wtf???"

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: DLeRium
Wow, it was a huge earthquake, but my gf in the East Bay didn't feel the quake as badly.

Edit: Work is at Southeast SJ. My mom didn't feel crap in Cupertino. Shrug. Damnit. Even my gf said "TWSS" when she saw this.

4.4 is enough to feel, but hardly "huge" as earthquakes go. Maybe if it was your first time...

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Just one step closer to finally breaking California away from the rest of the states and sinking in the ocean. :D

Feb 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Kadarin
Originally posted by: DLeRium

4.4 is enough to feel, but hardly "huge" as earthquakes go. Maybe if it was your first time...

It depends really you know. That 5.4 that happened in fall 2007 was centered around the same area, except I was in the East bay. I felt virtually nothing. I've felt 3.0 quakes in Berkeley less than a mile from my apartment and they feel big too. The Loma Prieta felt like nothing because it literally bounced under the Silicon Valley but destroyed SF. It's all about where you are. I guess this is just the biggest I've felt in the recent couple of years. Usually I just water shaking in a cup but when the shelves are shaking and making noise and people are jumping up at work, it's quite a bit.

thegimp03

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2004
I'm in Sunnyvale. Definitely felt it here as we're about 5-10 miles from the Calaveras fault line. The earthquake was centered in South San Jose, apparently a 4.4.

honkydory

May 22, 2007
Originally posted by: thegimp03
I'm in Sunnyvale. Definitely felt it here as we're about 5-10 miles from the Calaveras fault line. The earthquake was centered in South San Jose, apparently a 4.4.

damn, so thats why it woke me up. Dirty bastard earthquake.

Crusty

Lifer
Sep 30, 2001
It's only a matter of time before we won't have to deal with these threads anymore!

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Crusty
It's only a matter of time before we won't have to deal with these threads anymore!

one of these days California will slip away like I was promised, dammit! :|

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
LOL, I'm in Sunnyvale and did not feel a thing. If it's not 5 or greater I guess I don't feel it :).