Hollywood+ owners..please read

samgau

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
Hi Guys and Gals, something really weird that I have noticed recently.. does the Hollywood Plus you have run really hot? I was working on my machine earlier and I noticed that the chips on the card were really hot.. practically burnt my fingers... So my question is, have you noticed the same thing..if yes please post..if not..please post also.. :)

TIA

Sam

samgau

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
:( I kinda thought so... I hope my hollywood + is not dying... that would suck...

Cybordolphin

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
Actually there are some earlier models that run SUPER hot. If you contact them.... supposedly they will replace with a newer model that does not run hot. You might check it out.

That heat they kick off is not good for the rest of you system either! The older ones can get DAMN HOT!!!!

samgau

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
I got mine in the phillips dvd pack... it was on sale for $50 dollars at OM... anyway.. i'll monitor it... im gonna move it so its as far as all my other cards as possible... and get a fan to blow straignt at it.. or something.. :)

On the bright side..Just flashed my BH6 with the SS bios and hooked up the c2 566 i just got..and voila..850 Mhz at 1.7 volts ... seems stable for the time being... was definetly not stable at 1.5 or 1.6 v.. would hang on loading Winblows..

anyway... thanks for your words.. keep it coming..

Sam

Cybordolphin

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 1999
Please.... do yourself a favor and contact them. As I understand they will send you a new card no prob.
I bought (3) of those same DVD's that came with the card.
:)