Question Ho do I set the USB ports on Asrock B450 Pro4 to not supply voltage when computer is turned off?

Chicken76

Jun 10, 2013
I noticed that my USB audio interface remains on after I shut down the computer, which forces me to unplug the USB cable every time.
I think I've turned off all deep sleep functions in the Bios and remember in the olden days you could choose whether you wanted to still have power supplied to the USB ports while shut down (e.g. for charging a device) or not.
Anyone stumbled upon a setting for this in the Asrock Bios?

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
some users recommend enabling deep sleep to turn off the USB power. Some say it works and others say it doesn't.

You could always turn off the PSU switch.

Chicken76

Jun 10, 2013
Thank you guys for the suggestion to enable Deep Sleep. It did solve my problem.
However, am I the only one that associates the term "Sleep" with a low power mode of operation, something that does not require a full re-initialization (cold boot) to return to normal operating mode?
Also, why do they recommend for compatibility and stability to not do a proper shut down that cuts power to everything? (see pictures on the right) I miss the old days when the power button was a proper switch mounted on the mains.
/old_man_shaking_his_walking_stick_in_anger

IMG_20200412_122216.jpg

IMG_20200412_122856.jpg