Hmmmmm where could I find the layout of the circuit board in a dreamcast controller? edit-- DC IS BROKEN NOW LOL!

niwi7

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
I by accident pulled out the wires from my dance dance revolution dreamcast controller....i would just buy a new 1 but i mounted it to a wood board so it would be a pain in the neck

i open up the thing to get to the circuit board...and there are 5 soldering poitns and 5 wires and im thinking ok this is good...

however...it isnt labeled or anything so i dont know which color wire goes to which point on the board....is there some kind of circuitry layout of a dreamcast controller online somewhere so that i can try and figure it out?

thanks

hevnsnt

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
just look at another..

Or you can try just connecting them and see which one of your coordinates is incorrect when plugged in.

niwi7

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
i opened an old controlller

i think i know what goes where

gotta go to home depot and get some solder

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
hmmmmm,you could always go to a pawnshop and buy another controller and swap circuit boards...

niwi7

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
u guys need to read the post--- its not a controller

its a DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION dance pad and i thought of that but its connected to the pad by some kinda plastic stuff i dont feel like figuring out how it works and taking that off and stuff

easier to just solder it

if that doesnt work too bad ill just wait for it to come out for xbox in november

also the pads r only 20 bucks but i dont wanna buy another 1 b.c i modded it to a wooden board w. hard plastic covering over it

niwi7

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2003
lol guess what???\

i did it...according to the wires on the controller (however the controller had a green instead of yellow so i put the yellow where the green was)

made sure notihng was touching

then i plug it in

it didint work

AND....now none of my controllers work it mustve shorted something out inside the controller hookup in the dc...

good thing dreamcasts are only 15 bucks on ebay!