hmm want to get a AD&D group going and nobody around plays

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
heh as the title says.

there are no comic book shops in my town or nothing. soppose there might be a group at the local college.

i want to get playing agian. just finding a good group sucks. sigh boredom really sucks

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: tweakmm
Read a book buddy. :thumbsup:

yeah i have been. while a good book is great having a good game going is also fun.

Special K

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
I don't know what to tell you. I played the game several years ago and had a lot of fun. Now I can't find anyone else who plays.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Probably because everyone else discovered the wonders of the female anatomy.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Special K
I don't know what to tell you. I played the game several years ago and had a lot of fun. Now I can't find anyone else who plays.

yeah i was in a great group a few years ago. but a few others either got married or took jobs out of state.

of course that kind of stuff happens as you get older.

cker

Dec 19, 2005
Try checking at the nearest gaming/comic shop -- if you have no local place, then the in-town gamers will probably frequent the closest, unless it really sucks. Most of the gaming shops in my general area have a bulletin board full of posts, advertising for players or referees.

Maybe something like this post on Slashdot:
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/08/03/0120249
would be helpful, discussing tabletop gaming over the net.

Good luck finding a good group. Have you considered running a game? Sometimes there are people who'd play if someone would DM... How often do you want to play? If you're down for just, say, a monthly session then perhaps even making a road trip of it would be worth the effort?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Fritzo

I have been married for 8 years and have 2 kids. i know the female anatomy.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: Fritzo

I have been married for 8 years and have 2 kids. i know the female anatomy.

You're reverting! Quick! Grab a Playboy STAT!!!!

FallenHero

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2006
You know, I thought I was alone in this. Then you post, and just the other day I find out that a couple guys at my work play WoW and D&D online, and a couple used to roleplay. I think everyone is just a closet nerd at heart.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: bennylong
nerds!@

Reader Lynn Decker sends along this note, which purports to answer the question "Is it better to be a jock or a nerd?"

Consider Michael Jordan, having "retired," with $40 million in endorsements, he makes $178,100 a day, working or not. If he sleeps 7 hours a night, he makes $52,000 every night while visions of sugarplums dance in his head. If he goes to see a movie, it'll cost him $7.00, but he'll make $18,550 while he's there. If he decides to have a 5 minute egg, he'll make $618 while boiling it. He makes $7,415/hour more than minimum wage. He'll make $3,710 while watching each episode of Friends. If he wanted to save up for a new Acura NSX ($90,000) it would take him a whole 12 hours. If someone were to hand him his salary and endorsement money, they would have to do it at the rate of $2.00 every second.

He'll probably pay around $200 for a nice round of golf, but will be reimbursed $33,390 for that round. Assuming he puts the federal maximum of 15% of his income into a tax deferred account (401k), his contributions will hit the federal cap of $10,500 at 845am on January 1st. If you were given a penny for every 10 dollars he made, you'd be living comfortably at $65,000 a year.

He'll make about $19.60 while watching the 100 meter dash in the Olympics, and about $15,600 during the Boston Marathon. While the common person is spending about $20 for a meal in his trendy Chicago restaurant, he'll pull in about $5600. This year, he'll make more than twice as much as all U.S. past presidents for all of their terms combined. Amazing isn't it?

However... If Jordan saves 100% of his income for the next 500 years, he'll still have less than Bill Gates has at this very moment.

Game over. Nerd wins.

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
Learn to play with yourself?

Edit:
Oops! I guess I meant, "learn to play by yourself." :D

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Rumpltzer
Learn to play with yourself?

Edit:
Oops! I guess I meant, "learn to play by yourself." :D

****** i learned ot do that when i waas 12! :D

Originally posted by: krunchykrome
I could never get into that when I was growing up. I was a Magic: The Gathering nerd though.

yeap got inot that also. got tired of it after rev 4 came out with all the expansion sets. they had 4-5 out at once. I loved to play but it was just to expensive.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Omegachi
play wow?

did EQ2 for a year or so. had a high level charector all maxed out in good equipment and then got bored.

you go kill the same crap night after night and if you are not kissing enough ass you do not get to be on the raid to get the rare stuff.

not to mention there was a few people in the guild i did not like heh.

Apr 17, 2005
Originally posted by: datalink7
Originally posted by: bennylong
nerds!@

Reader Lynn Decker sends along this note, which purports to answer the question "Is it better to be a jock or a nerd?"

Consider Michael Jordan, having "retired," with $40 million in endorsements, he makes $178,100 a day, working or not. If he sleeps 7 hours a night, he makes $52,000 every night while visions of sugarplums dance in his head. If he goes to see a movie, it'll cost him $7.00, but he'll make $18,550 while he's there. If he decides to have a 5 minute egg, he'll make $618 while boiling it. He makes $7,415/hour more than minimum wage. He'll make $3,710 while watching each episode of Friends. If he wanted to save up for a new Acura NSX ($90,000) it would take him a whole 12 hours. If someone were to hand him his salary and endorsement money, they would have to do it at the rate of $2.00 every second.

He'll probably pay around $200 for a nice round of golf, but will be reimbursed $33,390 for that round. Assuming he puts the federal maximum of 15% of his income into a tax deferred account (401k), his contributions will hit the federal cap of $10,500 at 845am on January 1st. If you were given a penny for every 10 dollars he made, you'd be living comfortably at $65,000 a year.

He'll make about $19.60 while watching the 100 meter dash in the Olympics, and about $15,600 during the Boston Marathon. While the common person is spending about $20 for a meal in his trendy Chicago restaurant, he'll pull in about $5600. This year, he'll make more than twice as much as all U.S. past presidents for all of their terms combined. Amazing isn't it?

However... If Jordan saves 100% of his income for the next 500 years, he'll still have less than Bill Gates has at this very moment.

Game over. Nerd wins.

jordan has his own shoes...
bill gates = pwned