hmm can i get a cs demo,

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
so that maybe tonight i could try playing vs some of you people here?

CANT GET THAT CS FILE FROM ANY OF THE SITES I FIND, I THINK I'm blocked from ftp!! if you know of a place that has it http, let me know here...

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
wait, so i pay ten bux, for halflife, and i can get cs as an add on patch or something you mean?

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
so this half life, a game that was first previewed in 95, is still a pretty cool game. i remember the original pcgamer articles about it.. and so cs, is the best addon pack? or the one you all use... well I might have 10 bux to spare. maybe I'll try to get humiliated later tonight

Shack70

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2000
CS is an add on for Halflife that modifies the whole game. HL is single or multi-player. CS is just multi-player. In HL multi-player, you basicaly run like hell and just kill everyone and respawn when you die. In CS, you start off with $800 and have to buy weapons, ammo, and equipment. It's Terrorist against the counter terrorist with 2 basic scenerios(plant/defuse the bomb and Hostage rescue). Unlike HL, when you get killed, you don't respawn until the round is over. A round ends when, one of the teams gets all it's members killed, the bomb gets defused, or all the hostages are rescued. The more enemies you kill or rounds your team wins, the more money you earn to upgrade your weapons. Here is the kicker...if you get killed, you have to buy all your equipment again. When the map changes, everyone starts over and has $800 and a pistol. The game is very adictive and fun to play. If you get HL and dload CS, message NeoTechMan about his server. Alot of ppl here on Anandtech play there cause it's private and makes it more fun! :D

Kosugi

Jan 9, 2001
Half-life didnt come out in 95. It came out first quarter 1998. It won game of the year in 98, but ironically, it could have also won game of the year in 99 and 2000 too! (IMO).

My son and I actually enjoy playing CS together. Of course, its all luck when I start "owning" him, whereas it is all skill when he "owns" me. That's respect for you...

I miss the scope on the M4A1 :(

Oh, and we have been playing since beta 3.

fir3wir3

Banned
Oct 15, 2000
but it was in magazines in 95. the idea and a few beta screenshots were in magazines as early as 95 touting the "32 player multiplayer" feature.

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
exactly firewire. Back in the day where I could take an issue of pc gamer, and actually read thru a few articles before hitting an ad. Back when a light issue was 300pages. Not 130 with 70% ad ratio.
Before Hardstuff. It's to bad hard stuff has gotten so whimpy these last few issues.
Back when the Cd's where loaded to the hilt with demo's, and that nifty intro down the elevator. And before half the cd was filled with ISP's and stuff like that.

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
ok, went to compusa, wanted 20 for halflife, 30 for cs, but 15 instant back, but the cs wasn't singleplayer capable. any one want to lemme in on the secret?

prodigy

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Look down at BlackFlagg's post:

"HL is single or multi-player. CS is just multi-player"

lepper boy

Golden Member
Nov 2, 1999
just buy the stinking HL game and download CS...... best investment you can make... when it comes to a game..........

look for lepper..............................

johnjohn320

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2001
Uh, guys, You don't need half-life to play CS. Not only is it free, but i just runs on the HL engine, it doesnt require the game. I don't have Half-Life installed on my computer, but CS runs fine.

ArkAoss

Banned
Aug 31, 2000
ok can you point me to a link that works, becasue deadlink.com, i mean download.com, doesn't seem to be working forme.