HL2's Gravity Gun > *

BespinReactorShaft

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Man, from circular sawblades to explosive barrels to Combine troopers, this weapon practically blows every 3DFPS innovation (thus far) away. :cool: Admittedly, towards the end of the game, this baby is just waaaay overpowered. But I :heart: it all the same. That is all.

p.s. Does anyone else think that HL2's latter portion, with the white Combines, Striders, and Citadel, reminds us a tad too much about Star Wars' Stormtroopers, AT-S/AT's, and the Death Star?

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
I too enjoyed the G gun... it is especially fun in DM. actually I prefer it over most of the weapons save perhaps the crossbow. i try to kill as many people as possible with 1 object - my record is 8 people with 1 radiator. it would be nice if the blood stains stayed on the objects. monitors are good too, as well as the smaller filing cabinets. oh, and the fence in dm_lockdown. when that fence comes flying down the hallway, there's not much ppl can do to get out of the way.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
I spent more time ransacking rooms in that game - piling stuff up neatly in the corner and such. On the level where you're under the bridge, I threw EVERY movable object off into the water.

BespinReactorShaft

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Originally posted by: meltdown75
I too enjoyed the G gun... it is especially fun in DM. actually I prefer it over most of the weapons save perhaps the crossbow. i try to kill as many people as possible with 1 object - my record is 8 people with 1 radiator. it would be nice if the blood stains stayed on the objects. monitors are good too, as well as the smaller filing cabinets. oh, and the fence in dm_lockdown. when that fence comes flying down the hallway, there's not much ppl can do to get out of the way.

I haven't tried DM yet. Is there also a PC that you can break apart like in CS:S? If so I wonder if we can GG-kill someone by flinging a Radeon card at him. :p

And for the record, HL2 >> Doom 3. To think I was prepared to hate HL2 in the 1st place...

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Stolen from Ratchet & Clank. Ain't nothing original about this game.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
hahaha, some funny stuff can happen with the grav gun. whenever i play DM i end up laughing the whole time at like, cars of death rolling down the road over people, and shooting rpg's (the actual launcher) at people with the grav-gun, i just love it. *guy lanches toilet at you* *you catch it* *clunk, toilet breaks over his head and he fall down* :)

then there's long-range grave-gun sniping with those super wide desks, once you get the hang of it its the funniest thing to have the desk fall from like 100m and knock someone over the head.

edit: guess i have a sick/silly sense of humah!! :p

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Baked

Yeah, because they haven't been working on HL2 since before Ratchet & Clank dumbass. And you're right, this game is so unoriginal that it might just be the best game of 2004 huh?

Based on what little I know, I'll just list you with all the rest of the Halo 2 fanbois.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
it was a blast. but i still liked it better in jk2 outcast where you can leap a few meters into the air and pull all the stormtroopers into the ceiling

BespinReactorShaft

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2004
Originally posted by: dighn
it was a blast. but i still liked it better in jk2 outcast where you can leap a few meters into the air and pull all the stormtroopers into the ceiling

Too bad Gordon ain't much of a spiritual brother, down with the Force and all that good sh!t. :p

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: Baked

Yes, I'm sure Ratchet and Clank had a full gravity-based environment, too. :roll: