HL2 EP2 - How to defeat the guardian?

gizbug

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
Always out of ammo, im in the middle area in the fenced in area. No matter what I throw at him, really doesn't affect him

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
heh, sort of reminds me when a friend was talking about RE4 and he's like the last boss is insane! I unload all my ammo into and he still isn't dead. a few days later he found out that you only had to knife it like 3 times and it died.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
heh, sort of reminds me when a friend was talking about RE4 and he's like the last boss is insane! I unload all my ammo into and he still isn't dead. a few days later he found out that you only had to knife it like 3 times and it died.

How'd he even get to the last boss if he hadn't figured out all the previous bosses had to be defeated by similar methods? (hit the weak spot, then hit the real weak spot that is revealed)

jjzelinski

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2004
Originally posted by: sirjonk
Originally posted by: pontifex

How'd he even get to the last boss if he hadn't figured out all the previous bosses had to be defeated by similar methods? (hit the weak spot, then hit the real weak spot that is revealed)

He might be talking about Krauser in RE4, where he's invincible with his arm up but if you hit him with the knife with his arm down it does massive damage.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Hit the guardian with either the car engine or the barrels. If you have some grenades for your submachine gun, use them too.

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
I used the barrels and them my smg grenades. After that, I just shot em with the smg untill he died.

Oct 25, 2005
I don't even take a shot at either of them until I've used up all the explosive barrels in the area. Use sprint to run out and grab them, you can dodge their charges as you do so. Then I finish them off with the shotgun or smg grenades.